Mass effect andromeda

Going to post my initial feelings on the multiplayer if anyone is interested. I was a big fan of the ME3 co-op multiplayer and put in probably 200 hours into it, so I was very excited to get my hands on this one. The first thing I noticed right off the bat was that the controls are much less tank-like than ME3. Your character moves more smoothly, quickly and efficiently into and out of cover and can do quick lateral evasive "dodges" using the jetpack. The jetpack also allows your character to not only jump (FINALLY!!) but actually vault up to about 20 feet to reach ledges and even hover to shoot enemies in cover below you. The maneuverability is a much needed addition to the multiplayer and helps immensely with navigating maps and escaping perilous situations. Unfortunately that is really the only improvement I have noticed so far. No longer can you manage your equip weight to give you a 200% cooldown bonus for powers. You start at 100% and going over the weight limit for your class will decrease it depending on how much extra weight you equip. Which leads me to the biggest issue I have so far, the powers. Most if not all of the abilities the classes possess are recycled from the previous ME games (mainly ME3) and it feels like they have all been drastically nerfed. The recharge rates on even the simplest of powers, like overload for example, have essentially been doubled due to the change in the weight reduction penalty/bonus. The default time to use overload on my engineer was 15 seconds, which is just way too long considering the damage that it does and makes my character feel completely underpowered. Further in the skill trees there are options that lower the recharge rates and I imagine there are equipment options to also reduce it, but I can't imagine that the recharge speeds will ever approach what they were in ME3. From what I have seen so far it appears as if they are trying to make things more difficult to compensate for the vastly improved mobility. With the new changes, the bronze tier feels like silver did in ME3.

Negatives aside, I am enjoying the MP so far. It still has that same feel that made ME3's MP great. I am hoping that the classes get more powerful as they get to the max level (20 I think it will be).

By the way, I am playing on the Xbone if anyone has it for that.

i got about 25 hrs in game so far and i gotta tell ya the more i play the more i'm liking it.
they have plenty of side stuff to do and the areas are decent sizes and i haven't been to all the golden worlds yet.
i like the crafting system, it allows you to make some neat stuff like my black widow sniper with a heat sink mod so you never need bullets just 1 sec recharge.
you can really get crazy with the class customization, wana be a soldier with crazy tech powers and biotics...sure why not lol.
few key things i find annoying. cant customize ur companions weapons or armor and you carry all your weps and armors on you but cant equip it unless you go to a forward station or do it on the ship there for you should not carry em and inventory should be unlimited since you getting the gear straight from the ship.
in all honestly the game isn't bad they just rushed it out with out polishing a few things. they should have waited till like december to release it and worked on polishing it out.

Last edited:
Good to hear it is not as bad as some say , it will be purchased after mods get up so characters don't look like 1980's animation or the price comes way down. Are there DLC's already talked about? If so, another reason to wait until all DLC's are in place.

i got about 25 hrs in game so far and i gotta tell ya the more i play the more i'm liking it.
they have plenty of side stuff to do and the areas are decent sizes and i haven't been to all the golden worlds yet.
i like the crafting system, it allows you to make some neat stuff like my black widow sniper with a heat sink mod so you never need bullets just 1 sec recharge.
you can really get crazy with the class customization, wana be a soldier with crazy tech powers and biotics...sure why not lol.
few key things i find annoying. cant customize ur companions weapons or armor and you carry all your weps and armors on you but cant equip it unless you go to a forward station or do it on the ship there for you should not carry em and inventory should be unlimited since you getting the gear straight from the ship.
in all honestly the game isn't bad they just rushed it out with out polishing a few things. they should have waited till like december to release it and worked on polishing it out.
I feel same way more I play the more I like it. I cant figure out how to make my squad use their powers though. I also don't like not having a wheel to use all my powers or more than 3 at least

I feel same way more I play the more I like it. I cant figure out how to make my squad use their powers though. I also don't like not having a wheel to use all my powers or more than 3 at least

You can't make them use powers. All you can do is tell them to attack or wait I believe. That was yet another major gripe people had in the reviews.

i don't even pay attention to what my squad does.
i play as a tactical cloak sniper soldier so i just pick ppl off with my sniper rifle of doom while squad go in and distract the enemy.

Back
Top Bottom