Mass Effect 3 Ending Discussion

xIx EDGE xIx

Fully Optimized
(If you really wanna be super cool, play the music from this video in the background for added effect while reading the preface/wiki pages! It'll get you in that Mass Effect(y) mood!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I

PREFACE

As most of you are aware, the Mass Effect games are some of my favorites out there. Recently, I have started playing through the entire trilogy out of pure fandom for the game. However, as I approach the end of the story, I am always reminded of the lack luster ending of the series. I pretty much try and avoid all together it by "head-canoning" the Indoctrination Theory as a true interpretation of the ending (because otherwise it's impossible to digest), however, I'll never forget the first time I played through the ending (this comic reflects the post extended cut version because I get stomach pains when I think of the pre-extended cut one).

I will go ahead and post the links to the wiki pages so that you can read up the plots and settings of the game. If you already know the deal, feel free to skip ahead to the nitty gritty, but I figured I would provide this to anyone who isn't aware of what's going on. Needless to say, heavy spoilers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_(video_game)

Mass Effect 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mass Effect 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that that's taken care of, the following is a visual representation of my thoughts while playing through the ending for the first time, for your entertainment!

RR.jpg

Reader discretion is advised...

PART 1 - THE CONDUIT

We're reaching the end of the journey - the final battle is upon us. The crucible is ready, but Anderson and Hackett inform Shepard that the reapers have moved the Citadel to Earth, so our new plan is to...

images

Wait, how did the reapers move the Citadel to Earth... and why...? If it's that important to them, then what was the point of this entire game? Seriously, like... umm... they could have just went straight for it and decimated the heart of galactic government and military. But instead, it seemed like a good idea to attack everything else and leave the Citadel untouched so that we could rally everyone together and come up with a solution to beat them... right... ok...

:Happy:
So yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and assume that the Citadel didn't matter because they didn't know we were building the crucible, but now that they do, they are protecting it. Yay Mass Effect 3!

:Determined: Alright Admiral, what's the plan?

images

The reapers have closed the Citadel arms so we can't dock the crucible. They are also using a beam to transport humans to the Citadel, so we're going to launch and all-out ground assault and get a team to the beam and up it into the Citadel to open it's arms.

images

Really..... ? Hold on a second. You're telling me that there's this beam, just like the conduit on Ilos in Mass Effect 1 that will transport me from wherever I enter it to the Citadel.

safe_image.php

Oooook wow, umm... I don't even know where to begin right here....

*Raises hand*
images

Teacher? Yes, I have a question? Instead of trying to fight our way to the beam, why don't we just take a small shuttle into it? I mean we drove the damn Mako into the one in the first game, so why won't a shuttle work? Or, better yet, instead of charging head-on into a reaper stronghold, why don't we just go to Ilos (which has no population at this time by the way) and just use the conduit there to reach the Citadel? Wouldn't that make a little more sense?

mass-effect-anderson.jpg

images

*facepalm*

Nevermind....
images

Just... just forget it, I can see this is going nowhere...

We land on Earth, do this the hard way, and a bunch of random soldiers die because our Admirals were too stupid to go about this logically. We're standing on a hill looking straight at the beam - we're almost there!

david-anderson.jpg

This is it Shepard! Take a small team with you and we're going to make a final push for the beam. This is our last chance, there's no turning back!

HELLZ YEAAAAA!!!!!

images

Let's do this.

But......

As we descend, Harbinger drops right in next to the beam!

images

:YouMad: Problem?

Last edited:
Edge I think we need to find you a job maybe you have too much time. Im not complaing cause I and everyone else loves these but well maybe a bit to much time on your hand.( I say hand cause we all know what one of them does all day)

Back
Top Bottom