Make your own retro games console?

Baez was pretty much on point. The best thing for you to do would be to build a reputation before trying to sell anything, because without establishing yourself to potential buyers as a trustworthy source you might be hard pressed when it comes to selling units.

I would also take into consideration what Reapt had mentioned about using parts, etc, without the proper approval or license to do so. Even if you are using completely generic, built from scratch parts, it still may be walking a thin line unless you get some sort of green light from Nintendo, Sega, etc.

Making it at home for personal use is fair game, but selling it without doing the propper homework on the legality side of things may be get you into some hot water if a company wishes to pursue copyright infringement complaints.

I didn't really get the impression that the OP was trying to build a console to sell, but rather ask if people would be interested in a tutorial / instructions on how to make a console out of a Raspberry Pi. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

I didn't really get the impression that the OP was trying to build a console to sell, but rather ask if people would be interested in a tutorial / instructions on how to make a console out of a Raspberry Pi. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

Those were his original ideas, however, the idea of him building it himself and selling it as a whole was brought up. Doing something like that might lead him down a slippery slope unless he does his research on it first.

Hey All,

Long time lurker - first time poster :)

I've built my own retro games console for less than £100 (using a Raspberry Pi that i picked up for £25) and it's awesome playing all the games from when I was a kid.

My question is, if I made a series of web-tutorials on how to do it, is it something you would pay for? i.e. Would you be up for making your own console If I made the tutorials.

I'm not promoting - just asking :angel:

I wouldn't buy this.

I just did a quick google search and found tons of articles, videos and sites telling me exactly how you built yours for free.

Paying for that kind of information isn't the norm anymore with today's internet. Baez had the best advice and I'd encourage you to follow it if you're interesting in messing around with more projects like this. If you can build a solid fanbase around your videos and projects then you could use a site like Patreon: Support the creators you love to get some crowd funding to make some cash doing what you enjoy doing for others.

I emulated a dead squirrel once.

I immolated a dead squirrel once. We're like brothers.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Thats nuts

I laughed more than I should have.

3M9fQ-vi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom