Make your own retro games console?

Ninja314

Beta member
Hey All,

Long time lurker - first time poster :)

I've built my own retro games console for less than £100 (using a Raspberry Pi that i picked up for £25) and it's awesome playing all the games from when I was a kid.

My question is, if I made a series of web-tutorials on how to do it, is it something you would pay for? i.e. Would you be up for making your own console If I made the tutorials.

I'm not promoting - just asking :angel:

Hey All,

Long time lurker - first time poster :)

I've built my own retro games console for less than £100 (using a Raspberry Pi that i picked up for £25) and it's awesome playing all the games from when I was a kid.

My question is, if I made a series of web-tutorials on how to do it, is it something you would pay for? i.e. Would you be up for making your own console If I made the tutorials.

I'm not promoting - just asking :angel:

Would I personally, considering all of the alternatives out there? No. I could imagine you may get some people interested though. You actually might be better off selling the "console" itself as a whole.

Wow Omoplata, thanks for replying to my post so quickly!
I get you about the selling the console as a whole.
I guess that's why I posted - to see if forum members think it is a good idea or not :)

Building my own console was fun - a bit like when I built a model aeroplanes when I was little.

Would I personally, considering all of the alternatives out there? No. I could imagine you may get some people interested though. You actually might be better off selling the "console" itself as a whole.

If he used parts from other products how could he sell the console without infringing on something?

Create a series and post it on Youtube. Make a name for yourself and you'll find other opportunities further down the road.

Not many will trust an unknown source and be willing to pay for it.

If he used parts from other products how could he sell the console without infringing on something?

Not to mention it's most likely just running emulators on top of the OS (emulator discussion is not allowed here, btw ;)).

for sure - it can do most things a simple computer could, including lots of wholesome good stuff, and perhaps, that which should not be mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom