The Madden Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Okay so how many people acutally know of this?

I am jsut wondering cause it seems that it is true. If you look at it. Vick broke his leg, Eddie George got hurt and then retired. the list goes on.

But now it seems that they are trying to break the vurse cause they put a "retired" player on there. Brett Favre.

But of course now he is trying to come back for his 18th season. But Green Bay is being stubborn and asking for a 1st round draft pick for trade. On someone who, yes will be going to the Hall of Fame, but is also on their 18th season. That is absurd.

So who here belives that if Favre returns that the Madden Curse could have a affect on his season?

Just something that came into my mind while watching Sportscenter today....

Cheers,
Mak

Just saw. He sent in his reinstatement papers. So he is back. Curse can still be alive!

It would come true as well if he was a backup to Rodgers. It would be his worse season ever. Which would only confirm the curse. :p

Manning was on the cover, and nothing happened to him. There's no curse.

EDIT: Ok, I could have sworn he had a cover of both a 2k game and a Madden game. Must have been ESPN and 2k. My bads :(

I was gonna say Manning was not on Madden. ;)

Back then it was Marshall Faulk and Eddie George. If i am not mistaken that was 2000 and 2001 respectively.

Well if Brett cant get onto another team it will be his worst season since he will ride the pine. But i hope Green Bay releases him and he leads the Vikings to the playoffs while Green Bay misses them.

Sorry. But it would be ironic. :p

the only reason the players are cursed for being on the cover is because each year the game is cursed to suck even more then the previous year

Also, they always pick players who had "prime" years on the previous year. Having a great year automatically makes you a 10x bigger target for the next year. If you are a running back, defenses will be trained to watch and jump towards you. If you are a quarterback, defenses will practice tons more blitzing techniques.

It has nothing to do with the game, but all to do with their previous great season.

there is no such thing as a curse...

chupacabra is bogus too you know...as well as this type of stuff:
Weekly World News - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:p

That is all a belief. There is no scientific way to prove that there is no such thing as a curse as there is no way to prove it really exists.

It is all a belief.

While yes it does go on last years thing there has been mention of such players as LT refusing to go on the cover because of "contract negotaions" even after there was a site put up to petition to stop EA from putting him on there.

Whether you believe in the curse or not is not the debate. The proof is there. Almost every player has gotten injured or basically could not play to even rookie standards the year they were on the cover.

I may not believe in it personally and find it funny. But for the past 10 years there is nothying but proof to show that it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom