Limit a MAC address on a DSL-2680 Router

Monoloco

Solid State Member
Hi fellas,

I'm currently trying, at the request of my sister, to configure her wireless router to restrict her son from playing games all day and basically put a time limit on his access with his Xbox.

I have got so far as to log in to the router but can't seem to fathom out how I go about setting a time bracket on when he can go online. I did think about limiting the UDP traffic, however that would then stop everyone else from looking at stuff.

Can anyone advise on how to limit a mac address on a DSL-2680 router?

Many thanks,

ML

Hi fellas,

I'm currently trying, at the request of my sister, to configure her wireless router to restrict her son from playing games all day and basically put a time limit on his access with his Xbox.

I have got so far as to log in to the router but can't seem to fathom out how I go about setting a time bracket on when he can go online. I did think about limiting the UDP traffic, however that would then stop everyone else from looking at stuff.

Can anyone advise on how to limit a mac address on a DSL-2680 router?

Many thanks,

ML

she can do this through the xbox, go to settings, system setting and there should be a family settings tab, she can set a time limit and password protect her settings so he cant go in there and change them.

Yeah it would be a lot easier to do it through the Xbox, but it wouldnt restrict access to other things he may go online for. LOL the first time he hits that time limit he is going to be like :TheFuu: The second time, the controller is going through the tv.

I would just do it through the xbox otherwise everyone will suffer from not interwebs... or she could do what i do which is tell my kids to turn the game systems off cause if they dont i will beat their a$$ and break their systems.

Look to see if there's a QoS setting (Quality of Service) on the router to limit times/traffic by MAC.

Otherwise, as mentioned, setting family settings will be the other route to look into.

Many thanks for the help fellas. I guess it would be easier to do it through the xbox......if I can get him off it!

Either way, it would be a better idea for your to talk to him rather than just cut his access off.

Back
Top Bottom