Last of Us story vs Bioshock Infinite story.....which is better? Spoilers inside

Metsphan

Fully Optimized
So these 2 will most likely be debated for game of the year......

Which story was better? Discuss....

This forum will contain spoilers.

The Last of Us was poignant, and never felt forced. The story was more about relationships than actual events, and that's why it works so well. I liked Bioshock Infinite, but that ending lives in the shadow of the original Bioshock.

IMO its hard to compare the two. When I was playing LoU, I actually cared about Ellie. Keeping her safe and in sight at all times was a priority. Maybe cause the story and settings were more realistic in my mind. I never gave a crap about Elizabeth, maybe because I knew she was invincible. I had seen Ellie die more than enough times to know she was not.

I really like Infinite, but I always thought that game was more about Booker than about Elizabeth. With LoU, the game is about the relationship between Joel and Ellie more than anything else. Its about a father who lost everything and became the devil and has a shot a redemption.

I guess the same could be said for Infinte, man loses daughter, becomes evil and fights for redemption. Just in a less direct route.

If I had to choose, as much as is it pangs me to say it being a major Bioshock fan. Last of Us would get my vote. Start to finish, just a better game and better story IMO

I think there are some really cool moments in Bioshock Infinite, bits and pieces here and there. BUT there are scenes and moments in Last of Us that I will never forget. The sadness I felt when Henry killed himself, or anger I felt when David was kicking Ellie in the steakhouse while she was down.

Last edited:
Have not play The Last of Us. However I started to loose interest in the Bioshock Infinite storyline once they started getting into the parallel universes with in parallel universes with in parallel universes. Once the end fight was over and done with, the last 20 minutes where we where trying to uncover the fact that Booker is Comstock I just wanted the game to end.
They had all these action through out the game, but the over all plot explained in full in the end.

Wise from the gwave!!!!

Just finished my first (this gen) playthrough last night, gonna run through NG+ to get some trophies and then knock out the DLC, then get through the game on the toughest setting. Did you guys notice how may trophies there are for the MP? dang! I need to start playing the MP more. Maybe this weekend.

Wise from the gwave!!!!

Just finished my first (this gen) playthrough last night, gonna run through NG+ to get some trophies and then knock out the DLC, then get through the game on the toughest setting. Did you guys notice how may trophies there are for the MP? dang! I need to start playing the MP more. Maybe this weekend.

If you do let me know, I started by playing a couple of games last night, I like it. If you've ever played the MP in the Tomb Raider reboot it's very similar to that. I picked the Fireflies faction so I don't think I can team up with anyone who's with the hunters until I either complete or end up failing the MP storyline and get to start over again by choosing a side.

As for the topic on hand, I give the edge to Last of Us. Just to piggyback off of what several of you have already said, TLoU was more relatable and I was more invested into the characters than I was with Bioshock. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy Bioshock, but TLoU was the better of the two in my opinion.

But besides everything that's already been discussed in this thread, another reason I sided with TLoU is because it ultimately left me wanting more, and that has nothing to do with the whole semi-cliff hangar way in which the game just ended in the blink of an eye. When I finished Bioshock, I felt great that I just played an awesome game, but I had my fill and I was done with it. I didn't feel the need to play through it again, I didn't need anymore out of the story, I was satisfied. Sure, I picked it up again when the Rapture expansions came out, but it wasn't something I was craving for, it just happened to be announced so I was onboard.

With TLoU, it left me wanting more to the point where I actually want to play through the game again on the hardest NG+ difficulty. And not only do I want to play through it again, I also can't wait to try out the DLC that's on the disk because I want to explore more of this world and this story, and I actually hope that there are more expansions in the future because I enjoyed it that much.

*************Spoiler Alert**************************

So at the end, they were on their way back to Tommy's right? I saw the sign said Jackson County and assumed they were going back there. I would have liked to see the game continue until they finally reached Tommy's.

*************Spoiler Alert**************************

So at the end, they were on their way back to Tommy's right? I saw the sign said Jackson County and assumed they were going back there. I would have liked to see the game continue until they finally reached Tommy's.
Spoilers cont......

Yeah they were headed back there. There was a story last week detailing another ending that wasn't put in the game, but they were living at tommys and Joel gives ellie a guitar and talks to her about teaching her how to play it.

Back
Top Bottom