Last Light DLC

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Does anybody think this is pretty lamesauce, and that it should have been included with the original game?

On 2033 Ranger mode was added on as a free DLC/Patch, but on this one it comes with the Limited Edition. I think it should have just come naturally in the game as an unlock when you beat it.

Besides that, anybody played it yet? Console or PC. I can't play it so I'm trying to get some opinions. I've heard there was much needed core fixes but other than that it starts real slow and feels more like an expansion.

This is the day and age we live in. I remember there was a game that shipped with "DLC" contained on the physical disc, but you had to pay to unlock it. IMO, if it ships with the disc, it should be a part of the game you purchased.

Metro 2033 is one of my favorite console games and when I read about Last Light it got me excited.

I haven't played the sequel yet so it doesn't answer the DLC question but I also think it's ridiculous that it wasn't included with the disc.

DLC should either come included with the game at one point (i.e. special editions, re-releases) or be available to purchase for a reasonable price as soon as it's available.

This is the day and age we live in. I remember there was a game that shipped with "DLC" contained on the physical disc, but you had to pay to unlock it. IMO, if it ships with the disc, it should be a part of the game you purchased.

I know for a fact that Darth Vader was already on the disc of Soul Calibur IV, but once he was "released" you had to pay 400 MS points ($5) to unlock him.

Capcom is also notorious for these practices - Street Fighter X has been confirmed that DLC characters are locked on the disc, as well as Resident Evil 6. The thing with 6 though was that they most likely intended to sell the locked content, however, outcry ensued and Capcom issued a statement that all on-disc RE6 DLC would be a free download.

I think this picture pretty well sums it up:

game-dlc.jpg

I know for a fact that Darth Vader was already on the disc of Soul Calibur IV, but once he was "released" you had to pay 400 MS points ($5) to unlock him.

Capcom is also notorious for these practices - Street Fighter X has been confirmed that DLC characters are locked on the disc, as well as Resident Evil 6. The thing with 6 though was that they most likely intended to sell the locked content, however, outcry ensued and Capcom issued a statement that all on-disc RE6 DLC would be a free download.

I think this picture pretty well sums it up:

game-dlc.jpg

They had expansion packs back in 1999? Also the last picture, I honestly think the DLC part and the Gamestop or BestBuy exclusives should be swapped. Exclusives normally aren't that huge (but depends on what it is).

As for the disc-locked content. I understand perfectly why they do it, especially in fighting platform games. It is so the owners of the DLC can play without much hiccup against those who do not own it.

It is better than a mandatory TU patch that has you download the full character even if you aren't going to buy it. It wastes space on your HDD compared to coming on disc.

It was mostly PC titles, but there were a few console ones as well. Sonic even did it back in the early-mid 90's when they introduced Sonic & Knuckles.

I don't know much about the PC scene back in 1999, but yea... Sonic and Knuckles does seem like an expansion.

I always saw it differently since it had its own story (after Sonic3) and was able to use the other cartridges.

Back
Top Bottom