Laggy BF4 with new GTX970

I only keep my avast and malwarebytes on boot.
I do now have msi tool to monitor my temps, I disable everything in msconfig that I don't need. You should have anything else starting up apart from those 2, especially if you're having issues.
Boot into safe mode and see if your cpu usage is high, if not that tells me something from the start up is causing this.

Nothing under msconfig is critical for the system to run or game. So it's best to disable everything from starting up because most AV have services anyways and will still hang in the background.

I don't have any AV's running in th ebackground. the only things i have running are Spotify (takes up a lot of space but i can disable), skype and steam... This never happened before with the 7970. .-.
Anything else?

Can you pls upload a screenshot of msconfig?
And then goto the services tab as well and hide all the Microsoft services and send that too.
Did you try safe mode and check if that works?

I don't have any AV's running in th ebackground. the only things i have running are Spotify (takes up a lot of space but i can disable), skype and steam... This never happened before with the 7970. .-.
Anything else?
If it never happened with the 7970 then it's not the CPU. A setting, or a driver conflict would be the issue. This is why we tell people it's best to format when you get a new GPU. It alleviates any potential driver conflict problems right off the bat.

I guess I've never switched from ATI to Nvidia or vice versa.
Display Driver Uninstaller does have an option when switching out new graphics cards, you can try that...
Plus I really want to see if he's having this issue in safe mode

I can play games in safe mode? o.o

And I already used the DDU uninstaller and followed instructions to first uninstall nVidia drivers, boot in safe mode and run the program in safe mode removing nVidia and AMD drivers. Then reinstalling nVidia drivers. unless i'm still misunderstanding something?

I also noticed i could uninstall intel video drivers? i don't have onboard video but i clicked on that anyway for whatever stupid reason i had at the time... do you think that could be a cause?

I can play games in safe mode? o.o

And I already used the DDU uninstaller and followed instructions to first uninstall nVidia drivers, boot in safe mode and run the program in safe mode removing nVidia and AMD drivers. Then reinstalling nVidia drivers. unless i'm still misunderstanding something?

I also noticed i could uninstall intel video drivers? i don't have onboard video but i clicked on that anyway for whatever stupid reason i had at the time... do you think that could be a cause?

You can't play in safe mode however safe mode disables a lot of start up items and services. If your cpu usage isn't at 100% in safe mode that might tell us that something is starting up during normal boot.
DDU has a 3rd option , Clean and Shutdown, it's recommended for installing a new graphics card.
Make sure you have their latest version, they come up with one almost every week.
Display Driver Uninstaller 13.5.1.3 (11-15-2014)
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) 13.5.1.3

Last edited:
DDU has a 3rd option , Clean and Shutdown, it's recommended for installing a new graphics card.
Make sure you have their latest version, they come up with one almost every week.

Wait so what do i do here? Do i need to uninstall nVidia drivers again and run this? or??

Back
Top Bottom