Laggy BF4 with new GTX970

I still have BF4 hiccups on and off. It has been a buggy game since the beta for me. In spite of trying everything - I still get glitches= stick to a ceiling or wall occasionally, poor reporting of hits, etc. It is what it is- I just gave up and have moved on to other games that are less irritating. Tough to compete with the 'ubers" that have every map memorized, have every upgrade, and are great shots when you lag,etc. , not to mention a few actual hackers (aim bots, jumpers/run super fast hack, etc. ) .

Google nvidia drivers and download the drivers of,the nvidia site. If dont work see if,u can,test on a friends pc if that doesn't fix it either contac the seller forba replacement or open a rma ticked.
I just got a 970 until my 780ti is back from rma and it works withno,issues at all. U could,have a bad card.

Last edited:
I was able to hand BF4 with my q6600 and 760 just fine so yeah, check your task manager,
goto start, msconfig and see what's starting up.
And I agree, never pay for a driver cleaner
I always use the Display Driver Uninstaller suggested earlier, make sure it's run in safe mode.
I have the 970 right now and haven't had any lag issues on any game.
BF4, FarCry 4, AC Unity, Watch Dogs.

And since you fell for Driver Fusion, I hope it didn't install other bloatware.
You might wanna do a scan with malwarebytes.

Driver fusion seemed OK. but if you say it's bad i'll take your word for it. I got it on steam so i doubt it installed any extra malware.

I've ran about 10 malwarebytes scans in the past week or so and only found remnants of Conduit. (only one file found today, first time in a month or so).
and i ran DDU in safe mode.

What should i look for under msconfig that doesn't need to be running at start up (i've looked at msconfig a couple times already)

My HDD is almost full. Could that be a cause? (<90GB left)

Last edited:
Msconfig startup doesn't have anything crucial, so you can disable all if you need to. Make sure everything is in the background is turned off when you play. Steam, Geforce Experience, A/V, Malwarebytes, and anything else you might have running.

Back
Top Bottom