Infinity Ward working on a Next Gen Call of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either die or make a new engine and bring a **** load of new decent stuff to the series. Just stop milking it like no other game in existence.
I bet the coders and artists are bored and sick to death of this franchise.

I don't think the coders can complain. It's easy if they don't have to think up new crap.

I can't think of anything worse than being a coder doing the same boring game with no genuinely new challenges. That's the fun part of coding, and what makes it rewarding.

I can't think of anything worse than being a coder doing the same boring game with no genuinely new challenges. That's the fun part of coding, and what makes it rewarding.
Easy pay is easy pay. With the amount of bank CoD generates, it's like a guaranteed paycheck twice a year.

Coder's aren't really making any exciting game decisions, if I understand correctly. They are just coding them. Code is boring to look at no matter what it looks like, to me at least.

If stuff is repeated from game to game then most of the code for that can just be copied over. As long as they keep the same engine then they can cut corners by doing that.

I'm curious how it works with the console transition. Do they make a new super scalable engine or do they run the different games off different engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom