I'm extremely indesisive(sp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So, as with most of you, I'll be getting my tax returns back in the next month or so. I'm putting it all away except for $650.

This $650 is going towards one of my 4 options. First off, let me list my current rig-

AMD X2 3800+ @2.5ghz
ASUS A8N-SLI32
Gigabyte 3D rocket pro
OCZ Platinum memory- 1.5gigs.
7800GT
1x WD 74gig raptor
2x 160gig Seagate

I play FPS and I also enjoy RPGs and racing games from time to time. Here are my options i've narrowed down-

1) Get a PS3(since they're available everywhere around here), the 20gig version. Get a second controller and a game or two.

2) Get a Nintendo Wii and a 8800gts for my current rig

3) Get a 8800gtx and a game

4) Intel C2D E6400
ASUS P5B-E LGA775 P965
OCZ Gold 2GB DDR2800
Zalman heatsink

Number 4 would put me just over 650, which isnt a problem.

But with option 4 I'd end up keeping my 7800gt.

And please don't respond with "Get an xbox 360". I've already had one and sold it.

I should also add I do have a high-def TV. It's a 32in LG 720p. So I would benefit from the PS3 supporting high res.

I think they're all good options. I've been leaning more towards the PS3, because of MGS4,UT2007,final fantasy games, the support of blu-ray dvds(Yea yea I know, no one knows if it's going to last), and many great future releases.

Also, the wii and the 8800gts would be nice, because then I'd have a console that has great games already and a 8800gts that would destroy my 7800gt, and it'd support DX10 games when they're realesed.

I'd just like to get fellow gamers inputs on this and which one you might choose or you think sounds the best.

My friends here that do play games are all big time halo-lovers, so I can't really get any input from then.

EDIT: It's also good to keep in mind that this won't happen for another month since I wont be getting the money until then. So as far as prices for computer components go, some could go down.

Well thanks for the input guys. Although I did say I already had a 360 and sold it, haha. It's still appreciated.

I think I'll stick with number 2. Then get a PS3 once MGS4 is out, I'm sure by then their will be many more games for it.

MSG4 will come out for the 360 also.

Why scew yourself from not being able to play games like Gears of War and Halo 3, when you can get the best of both worlds.

Danks said:
MSG4 will come out for the 360 also.

Why scew yourself from not being able to play games like Gears of War and Halo 3, when you can get the best of both worlds.

A 360 MGS4 is still just rumor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did come to 360 which I would take in with open arms. :D

If it's third party, and not published by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, you can guarantee that it will be ported to other consoles.

The era of exclusiveness is dieing. Cost of making these new games are going up. ThereÂ’s just too much money to be made porting to other consoles, especially to the Xbox 360, which has the upper hand since they got most of the market share. (360 = 10 milling, Wii = 2 million, PS3 = 1 million)

I mentioned Gears of War and Halo 3, because they're both published by Microsoft and will never jump to PS3 or Wii.

Option number #4 - Chances are, that if you've already bought - got bored and sold a 360, my guess is you'll do the same again with anything consol. ;)

I'm a huge fan of MGS and gran turismo, those are the two biggest titles that have been makeing me lean towards the PS3. Those and UT2007. I'm just as stoked for it as I was for HL2 and quake 4. Also I forgot where online, but I saw a huge amount of killer looking horror type games coming out for playstation.

Plus being able to watch movies in 720p would be killer. And games already look incredible on the PS3, so in a year or so, I can see developers doing great things for it.

I actually thought about getting a 360 again. I sold mine back in August, which was right before alot of good games started coming out(the big one being GOW). I was at blockbuster and was just looking at the games they had for the 360, and they have such a better collection then they did then.

And in response to Zen, I thought about what you said and had a good laugh, because that's pretty much what i've always done. I've owned a ninentdo, snes, playstation, N64, xbox, playstation 2, and 360 all in my lifetime, and i've noticed i've been coming back to PC. Simcity 3000 and half life were the games that got me stuck on it in the beginning I guess.

I know I'll end up getting atleast two of those at in the next year or so, it's just a matter of what one first I guess.

I guess my only thing with PC's are(I hope this doesn't start anything), is how costly it is to keep up. I know I know, it's how it's always been and how it always will be. But one thin I do like a lot is how socket 775 is going to be around for awhile. The fact that they support quad cores is awesome, for when the time comes to get one.

AND, this will be my last big purchase for a year or so, because I'm moving out this summer( I'm only 19, not a 40 year old living in his parents basement haha). So I'd like to pretty much get the most for my money. Something that'll keep me satisfied for awhile. Which is why i'm having a harder time picking what I'm going to do, I'm not down for dropping 600-650 on something and not being into it 3 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom