If you had to recommend one game....

Omoplata

Golden Master
So, if you had to recommend one particular game to someone what would it be and why? Assume that they have not played anything, but have the motor skills to use any controller/keyboard, so there would be no learning curve there. Don't ask how that would be possible lol. Think carefully!

I would definitely recommend Oblivion. It's such a great game that doesn't demand the user to follow any particular and lets them find their own way. It has that amazing map, amazing story-line and is now a bargain!

It would really depend on what type of interests the person had. If it were someone who liked Action, COD or Battlefield. Adventure, I'd suggest the Uncharted series. Sci-Fi would be Halo or Mass Effect. Fantasy would be Skyrim. For Horror, the Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Dead Space series would need to be included. If they liked LOST I'd suggest the Bioshock series.

It would really just depend.

I guess as of right now, I'd go with Bioshock: Infinite. It has a bit of all of the above, blending action, adventure, suspense, sci-fi and fantasy, along with a great story and relationship building. The voice acting doesn't take you out of the moment and you develop a genuine interest in seeing the story through. It's a total package kind of game.

Good choices so far, except for Borst. No surprise there. This will sound a little crazy, but I think for me it would be Eternal Darkness. That game captivated me. Plus most of the gamers I know have never played it, which completely blows my mind. It is an amazing experience.

Portal 1 or 2. Easy to control, no need for years of muscle memory or understanding how games work, very clever writing, excellent difficulty progression, new elements are introduced appropriately to keep things interesting, puzzles do not require split second timing, if you can think you most likely can make it through these games, the co-op is top notch, they are appropriate for any age imo, they are cheap to acquire now, they are awesome, not really violent, good atmosphere, good story, catch song at the end of the first one, the cake is a lie, portal christmas trees win, trophy challenges are actually challenges as opposed to grinding or ridiculous commitments...

/thread

I have never played any of the Portal games! They just don't appeal to me for whatever reason. If I can get my hands on the first one for a low cost, I will try it though.

Oh and Borst, I was messing with you. If that is the one game you would recommend to someone, that is fine.

Back
Top Bottom