I left my heart in Morrowind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsuiwarrior

Solid State Member
So the last games I seriously played was the Elderscroll series. I had been a moderate/hardcore gamer for years depending on my relationship status and enjoyed games from all genres. I'd owned practically every console available in the states at one point or another. When I got into Morrowind my gaming habit grew astronomically. I would play hours on end looking for that piece of armor, stocking up my stolen house with stolen goods, killing whole towns, etc. After I was finally spent I couldn't look at any other game with the same eyes. lol. Am I alone in this? Is there hope that there will be a game that can take it's place for me? I've tried countless others, but to no avail.

Played it. Forgot to mention. I even went back and played daggerfall and arena. Are there any other epic free roaming rpgs out there? I got into sacred for a while, and tried WOW but I just can't get into either of them. The ultima series scored pretty high in my book too.

I'll check them out. I played Fable for a while, pretty cool concept. I'll download some demos, thanks for the recommendations.

Morrowind was unique to me as well, Gothic 2 is a need to play. A persistant online rpg does not have a story arc and cant capture the same ingame play as an rpg such as morrowind, morrowind itself is pretty hard to emulate, oblivion feels completely different.

Suggestion wise, gothic 2, try gothic 1 as well if you dont mind older games,
Knights of the old repulic 1 & 2 ,(star wars related, if you like science fiction),a couple of newer games include, " The Witcher", and "assasins Creed", action rpg oriented both.

I just got the witcher, I can say, you will need to adopt to the controle style, and it is a little lineer in where you can explore.

skip assassins creed. it's TERRIBLE. You can do probably 1 mediocre thing.. 10 times.., and thats as good as it gets.

Your best bet is to go back to OBLIVION, and invest your time into researching mods.

If you played morrowind unmodded, I feel deeply saddened... and a little bit dead inside..

So yah. Skip EVERYTHING else, and get oblivion with mods.

IT CANT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.

Then when youre finished with oblivion fallout 3 will come out. And Satiate you even more.

Nothing beats Morrowind, stop looking. I wish I would have never played it, because every other RPG looks like crap next to it.

That game was perfect, and probably will never even have a close second.

Also, Oblivion is a very good RPG if you don't consider Morrowind. If you do, it will just look like crap like all of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom