I have a question about game stops current trade in and credit for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have a total over 20 games 14 of them are game cube titles the 6 of them are PS2 titles.
I just looked at a game price chart list from amazon and ebay.com.
Both of them are nearly saying the same thing for the total volume price amount for games.
I have a total with them currently for 125.29, I looked at game stops site the value for my used games is about 5 % diference.
Their prices for the games I have would be 150.10 total, a buddy of mine who works at one of the stores here in augusta said game stop will take off 40.00% off the value of my games.
Well hopefully I did the math correctly, I will have a trade in value of up to 125.10.
Will they verify that with their companys data base or use a onlince search such as google to come up with their own set prices ?

Reason why I am asking because i want to get rid of the current games I have and look into investing for a wii at the most or a xbox 360.
I will be keeping my 2 old systems because I know where to find some of the best games I have and rebuy it for collection purposes or just to play now and then

They have their own method to get the prices. They dont use online research such as eBay and Google. They are a brick and morter store and they have to figure if they are going to sell those games. Being a GC and PS2 set of games, they wont have much business for them. So you would be lucky to get that much for them.

You'll probably bring in a max of $5.00 per game. The most I ever got for a game was guitar hero 2 and that's because it was still kinda of popular (sold for like $7 i think...). I tried selling some old xbox games once and they wanted to give me less than $0.50 for each ( I think one was actually 13 cents...) so they told me they just wouldn't buy it :\

^^^ sadly that reforces what mak said, since it's older games you probably won't get as much. When they scan it over the compute tells them how much they'll pay..so it's obvious they have some sort of formula for it. How long since it's been released, how popular, how much did the sells increase at what price, how often do people sell it back, etc.

SO in my personal opinion your best route would be ebay or some other online auction. Why? Well, gamestop will pay you like $2-3/game then turn around and put them on the shelf for $15-20 most likely. So you'll be the middle of that. Put them on ebay for like $7 + 2-3 shipping each or like $120 + $5 shipping for all. That way you're getting more than if you would sell to gamestop and you're still selling them for cheaper than they would so people will like your's more hopefully.

Most likely they might not even take the GC games. As last time i was in Gamestop, they didnt even have a section for those games anymore. The PS2 games, they might take a few depending on the popularity of them. But no way are you going to get 125 for them. Heck when i took some really old games for the SNES that are almost impossible to find, like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III, both of which you can get a premium for on eBay they offered me like $10 for each.

You might get about £25 or so for all of them. Since they have that 50% extra thing going on. But i highly doubt you will get anywhere over £50 for all of them.

Most likely they might not even take the GC games. As last time i was in Gamestop, they didnt even have a section for those games anymore. The PS2 games, they might take a few depending on the popularity of them. But no way are you going to get 125 for them. Heck when i took some really old games for the SNES that are almost impossible to find, like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III, both of which you can get a premium for on eBay they offered me like $10 for each.

You might get about £25 or so for all of them. Since they have that 50% extra thing going on. But i highly doubt you will get anywhere over £50 for all of them.

Well your 10% mistaken took the games in on wednesday morning most of the Gamecube games I had were very cleaned and no scratches.
They said I earned 80.00 store credits which means in cash terms, they gave me 50.00 bucks.
Luckily I kept 2 games to myself zelda twilight princess and sonic adventure dx.
They wanted to pay me 35.00 for the game after I spend 60.00 on it when it first came out.
I said no thanks, but I have to stay true this game as I have given you all other zelda titles before from all systems and gotten screwed over by you all each time.

However though I was able to pay pff click and ship and get a new amd processor which I needed.
Thanks mak for your advice, but everything worked out better than I thought it would have.

im happy for you that you made some money off the games, but those must have been some super rare gc games for them to offer you that much, IMO.

i went to trade in 2 360 games a while ago and they were only offering around $25 in-store credit for each.

i was just always under the impression that they would offer more money for newer games on newer consoles, that's why it just seems a little weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom