I have a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPidy

Beta member
Haha, this is probably a lame newb question but I just ordered a Razer Deathadder mouse for my AW laptop with windows vista (which is ALSO a newly ordered item). Unfortunatly I found out AFTER I ordered the mouse that the Deathadder (Razer DeathAdderâ„¢ Gaming Mouse [RZ01-00150100-R2M1] - $59.99 | Razer Store | Professional Gaming Peripherals) software does not work with windows vista. Well the software installs on vista but it does not connect with the mouse.

On the website there is a howto that states:
How do I flash the Razer DeathAdder mice for Windows Vista?

...and there are 3 downloads:
1 driver download and 2 firmware downloads

Now for the questions haha. What does "flash" the mouse for windows mean? One of the firmware downloads states that it is for windows vista (Firmware Webpage). Does this possibly mean that once I install the mouse's software on my computer then download the firmware for windows vista that the mouse will work on vista :)?

Thanks a bunch for the help. This probably isn't much of a gaming question but they are all gaming products so I figured i'd get the best answers under this topic.

Take a wild chance and download them... If it doesn't work, try the next one! Worst Case scenario, you will have to take it back to where you got it.

Come On...

Vista sucks. You should just stick to your XP. If you still have your XP, reformat your hardrive back to XP so you can use your mouse.

Well some games require vista and I probably will install vista along with XP on my system. Maybe he wants to use the mouse on some game. Dual-boot systems are nice as they prevent the hassle of dealing with vista on a daily basis.

Vista sucks. You should just stick to your XP. If you still have your XP, reformat your hardrive back to XP so you can use your mouse.

Derka derka, I hate progress, blah blah.

If he is buying a high performance mouse, he's prolly gonna want it for playing high profile games - games that are for vista that can fully take advantage of dx10.

I use a crappy mouse, I keep an even crapier mouse in my collection of parts incase this one goes, I recenetly had to repair it due to a short that was caused, scotch tape did the trick. My point is probably as relevant as yours; and Children of Dune was not a butchery of Frank Herberts tale of Dune, babies do have cognitive recollection before birth, and the next episode of prison break aired, it was pretty good.

the title of this thread made me thiink "so what" lol, games on vista are fine especially new ones which take advantage of DX10 dont listen to people who havnt used vista listen to people who have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom