Which hyped game was the biggest dissapointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Your probably like "oh, no, not another one of these types of threads..lol," but anyway, I am curious. Which game, out of all of the ones you've ever played, were you extremely anticipating, but the game became a huge let-down. Tell me what game it was and why it was a let-down.

Mine was SimCity 4. Ever since I was very young, I loved the SimCity games. I was addicted to the original, then 2000, and later SimCity 3000. When SimCity 4 came out, and I finally got a computer that could run it, I rushed out to buy it. SimCity 4, although the graphics were unbelievable compared to the previous games in the series, didn't have that same addicting feel as the previous games did. For example, it was much more time consuming just to get a city started, plus, the whole "region" aspect of the game I didn't like. I did like the graphics, though. But anyway, that was probably the game I was most anticipating but was let-down by.

"Destruction......"

..... Well that's easy; Enter the Matrix was the worst of the worst when it comes to dissapointment. I seriosley expected allot more from that game. You know, more cars, better bullet time, NEO!!! GOOD GODD!! the one thing if any they should have includded in the 2 player mode was NEO!! What the F**** were they thinking!!? :angry: :cool:

beedubaya said:
Mine was SimCity 4. Ever since I was very young, I loved the SimCity games. I was addicted to the original, then 2000, and later SimCity 3000. When SimCity 4 came out, and I finally got a computer that could run it, I rushed out to buy it. SimCity 4, although the graphics were unbelievable compared to the previous games in the series, didn't have that same addicting feel as the previous games did. For example, it was much more time consuming just to get a city started, plus, the whole "region" aspect of the game I didn't like. I did like the graphics, though. But anyway, that was probably the game I was most anticipating but was let-down by.

I agree with all of that. Maxis really let me down.

Firstly, I will start off with saying,
IT'S..........
B00005U8EM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I am quite sure we have a thread some where in the Games Forum talking about this very same subject here.

For Me, it was....

HALO for PC.

1. No multiplayer support on campaign mode (unlike the XB)
2. Maps were extremely repeative.
3. That thing that really $#!+ed me no end was the fact I get to the core of HALO, and then I find out that the way I got in is now the way I have to get out (more or less). They only difference is the bad guys that I am fighting. Going in... just the Convonette. Going Out, Convonette, The Flood and The Killer Robots.

beedubaya said:
for some reason games based on movies are a turn-off for me.

Ditto. I have never been impressed with any game that was from a movie.

I thing the greatest game that was a total let down was
B00001ZT47.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Developers spent so much time on this game, only that is as a complete let down.
Bad Graphics, A.I., Game Play and extremely buggy.

Probably "the getaway" on PS2... that game was awful, i perservered playing it hoping it would get better... but it never did, i finished it in 2 days then took it back to GAME who have a 10 day returns policy and I swapped it for Burnout 2 which I think was easily the right choice... even once I had beaten the getaway which was crap on so many levels, all it rewarded you with was the most empty feeling and pointless free drive modes i have ever seen!

my second biggest letdown was the new SPIDERMAN 2 game on PC... I have read the reviews of the PS2 game and seen the adverts where it advertises that the game is on PS2, and i have also read the adverts where it says Spiderman 2: available on: PS2, PC, XBox... so when I saw it was cheaper on PC than on PS2 i thought... cheaper and better graphics... great stuff... that was until i played it and realised how different the PC version is from the PS2 one... it is really poor, you cant do half the stuff that you can in the playstation one... for example you dont swing from buildings in the PC edition, OH NO, you swing from web points that just float in the sky with a web icon on... it really is lame, especially when you compare to the adverts being shown on TV for the PS2 one! I am gonna have to sell my PC one on ebay (probably for pittance) and then save some cash to buy the PS2 one... Personally I think it is wrong that Activision are marketing them as the same game when they are not!!! Be aware: AVOID THE PC VERSION!!!!

on a lighter note, I love all of the simcity games (and simtower) including Sim city 4, especially with the rush hour pack, it does take a lot more effort in SC4, but once you get your tactics down, fast growth and addictive gameplay is possible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom