Votes: 0 0.0%
  • in between

• lolwut?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I am over the whole Origin thing. Its not any different then what Valve does with their games or what a lot of companies do with their game and Games for Windows.

Plus they are giving out 25% off coupons for birthdays.. Maybe they did this before... I don't know, It is what it is.

You will get the game if you want to bad enough regardless of the "service" it requires.
It is a lot different and there is more principle to the thing than most people are willing to admit. If EA can get away with it, then why not all games come with a forced digital service requirement? I don't care how good BF3 will be or wont be, I wont be buying it. I'll still be playing it without Origin though ;)
EA also screwed up the Shift series with a poor excuse for a sequel to a great game. I find myself putting countless hours into Shift 1 and not even touching Shift 2.

It is a lot different and there is more principle to the thing than most people are willing to admit. If EA can get away with it, then why not all games come with a forced digital service requirement? I don't care how good BF3 will be or wont be, I wont be buying it. I'll still be playing it without Origin though ;)
EA also screwed up the Shift series with a poor excuse for a sequel to a great game. I find myself putting countless hours into Shift 1 and not even touching Shift 2.

You just proved my point. You will get the game if you want it bad enough no matter what service it requires. Also, it is not any different than Valve or companies that require Games for Windows (GTA IV). Valve requires Steam to play their games... Rockstar required Games for Windows to play GTA IV and blahdy blah... Comes a time when you just need to get the **** over it. I spent countless hours *****ing about origin, and other crap and realized, it just doesn't matter.

I will be buying Battlefield 3 because I respect DICE.

PS We don't care if your going to pirate... You mention in like every game thread why you don't like steam or this or that and why you hate every publisher and this and that. I am beginning to think you don't really like video games at all.

If I didn't like video games at all I wouldn't have 1.83TB of them :rolleyes:

You absolutely missed my point completely, and I don't mention pirating in every thread like this. I merely mentioned I will be playing the game without the extra BS, just like I do with every other game that requires a ridiculous amounts of BS to play. GTA 4 doesn't require GFWL for me to play, I don't like any Valve games so Steam isn't an issue anymore (HL2 got boring after the first time I played it back in what....2004?), and I wont be dealing with Origin either. Your point is if I want it bad enough I will buy it. No, if I like the game enough I will buy it ONLY if I feel the want to look past the extra **** they are forcing on me. Since I don't deal with it with any other game, you can bet your next pay check I wont deal with it for BF3, end of story.

To make things clear, there are only very few things I hate in the gaming industry:
1. Consolitis due to **** console hardware that was outdated back in 2006.
2. EA.....the **** they do to potentially win games makes my blood boil.
3. Steam and any other incarnation based off the concept.
4. World of Warcraft (for obvious reasons lol)

My point is, you if you like the game, you will get the game (by any means, using any stupid arse service).

Your list there covers like 75% or more of the gaming industry LOL.. When I first got GTA IV, it required I create a GFWL account, wouldn't let me play with out it.

I figure its just time to get over it all. Origin, over it.. I acted like a child when I first herd the though, but I am stoked for the leagues and the multi above BF3 and no amounts of whining are going to get it on my DD platform of choice so it is what it is..

In the end I just want to play the games and installing another piece of software is no biggy because of ALL the other software. EA is just wanting to create another option for those of us who like DD services because they are easy.. Frankly Origin is not that difficult to use and doesn't take much space or anything. I JUST WANT TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES!! AHH..

I do hate when a pub (EA does this a lot) will buy a developer and then dissolve it.

I actually can't currently buy any game that needs/requires Origin/Steam/whatever because my PC is not connected to the internet all the time. I only hook it up about once a week for updates and stuff that has to have activation for whatever reason. And there is only a slight chance that I can be hooked up at all (not constantly) in the near future. It sucks but it's what I'm stuck with so none of these games for me.

by using the reply box on the bottom of this post or by clicking one of these options:
vEmhv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom