How do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in real life do you have AA enabled? Are you a robot?
certain features are used to cheat or obtain a perceived "better image"

when hardware progresses, you should not need vsync or AA
50 years from now when video cards no longer need to compress textures, or games run at 4096x3072, or use shaders to create textures, or even use textures in general...we may still see people who ask this question.

;)

for those who don't understand what I mean by not needing textures...take for example, an avatar that is wearing a kilt that has a tartan pattern. The individual threads are assembled to create the colors and patterns. We will one day have processing power that will no longer apply images, but rather render the colored threads.

we have that now for movies and frame by frame rendering, but nothing for on the fly processing....that is affordable :D

I totally agree with you, that one day it will be real int terms of graphics, rendering will be gone, and what you see with your eye wil be no different than anywhere else.... I just wish that our technology could leap to the point of virutal reality so we no longer have to worry about computers and systems. I know its kinda hard to concieve doing advanced stuff without computers, but bare with me there will be a day... JUST WAIT!

Depends on the game really. Some games look absolutely horrible without AA, like BF2. Then other games don't look as bad, like CoD4.

Why would you have Vsync enabled though? That would suck being limited at 60FPS. :O

Depends on the monitor, my old acer had a refresh rate of 75hz and some even go up to 85hz.

I mean really, how is that someone can look at a screen with AA off, Vsync disabled, and resolution at 1024x768? I can't seem to comprehend this...this....sssetting....
Mate, when you have been gaming as long as I have been gaming.......

Far out......

I remember gaming on those an APPLE II+ with one of the green monochrome monitors.

I still remember the days when I used to admire the colours on my display...... all 16 of them.

I don't know, COD4 looks nice on my settings, 1024x768. Although the golden guns are less shiny than on the Xbox version (due to my bad vido card). Im sure the Xbox would look a lot better if it wasn't hooked up to an SD TV (480i)

AA is luxury, I run most of my games at a low setting, I had to replace my video card recently with a cheap one. I find the games I play just as enjoyable, I tend to choose games based on there outline character rather than grafics; its true that I enjoy some of games from my youth though.

I dont recall the apple2 , I do recall the first atari system, and WarrenX has the right idea as well as the post he outlined;

Far out......

I remember gaming on those an APPLE II+ with one of the green monochrome monitors.

I still remember the days when I used to admire the colours on my display...... all 16 of them.

true that the first system i had was a saga master on a 5" black and white screen

i then got given a colour tv with a nintendo, i rember mario being 4 colours, blue, red, black and pink

couldn't beat it now i've got a hdtv and theres more colour in the background picture then there ever was in any of the older games

Far out......

lol too true

Whats wrong with this? it looks fine to me, its the highest res ive used all my gaming career so I dont know, you must just be used to a higher quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom