how do you clean your game CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here

Solid State Member
you guys know when sometimes your game CD get scratched? and when you start playing, it gives you a black screen then say something in wrote 'texts':freak:

Well i've tried everything, i tried cleaning it with glass spray, boiling it, putting in the sun for a whole day.. nothing worked!

then i browse internet, and i found that you can buy a laser that fixes scratches from your CDs , well they're too expensive..?

well how do you clean CD without that sort of LAser?:confused:

I have this spray especially for cleaning CDs, that I use to clean...and they work perfectly.

I use a Clean DR (or it's called something like that anyway...), good enough for medium to light scratches. Too bad I haven't been able to find it since I moved, though.

Turtle wax the guys at blockbuster use it for dvd movies and they mentioned it. I figured i would try it out worked great on a scratched up copy of Far Cry.

I use a Clean DR (or it's called something like that anyway...), good enough for medium to light scratches. Too bad I haven't been able to find it since I moved, though.

I think it's called Scratch Dr. I have heard folks using toothpaste to polish the disk. Now if it's a playstation/xbox disk do what seemingly everybody else does. Go to blockbuster, rent the same game, replace their shiny disk with your scratched one. Last I looked blockbuster had ID markings on games.

I, too, mount my disks. I use Alcohol120, but Daemon Tools will work as well.

Almost all of my discs are imaged on my hard disk. Compact discs are extremely unreliable.
Untrue. Treat them with respect and they'll last forever...or until your little brother/sister gets a hold o'em. ;)

In which case you use D-Tools to mount 'em, like others above have stated. But for a damaged disc, I've always had pretty good luck just doing a duplicate copy on Nero/CloneCD/Alcohol at the lowest speed. Takes a year, but it generally worked. :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom