How to differentiate if my lag is caused by GFX card or Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2 ways I can think of, but I'm not very smart.

1) buy a new video card, if it still sucks, it was the network

2) take your laptop somewhere that you know has a solid connection, if it still lags it's the connection

From my experience, I'd say its a little of both. Maybe not just the video card though, could be your whole system.

After clicking your link I'd say its your laptop. I have an Alienware laptop with slightly better parts than yours and it cannot even come close to performance of my desktop.

2) take your laptop somewhere that you know has a solid connection, if it still lags it's the connection

From my experience, I'd say its a little of both. Maybe not just the video card though, could be your whole system.

After clicking your link I'd say its your laptop. I have an Alienware laptop with slightly better parts than yours and it cannot even come close to performance of my desktop.
Oh ok thanks :), gonna try connecting the laptop to a solid wired connection...maybe use 1 of the cables from the other pc and see if it still lags.

Try lowering the resolution to 1024x768 or lower and put the detail level to the lowest level, then try playing and see if you experience any lag. If you do, then it's most likely your connection.

Most laptops can not have their gfx cards upgraded.

Try lowering the resolution to 1024x768 or lower and put the detail level to the lowest level, then try playing and see if you experience any lag. If you do, then it's most likely your connection.

Most laptops can not have their gfx cards upgraded.
Well I tried lowing the resolution to 800*600, it still lagged :(. Also the game is played on low resolution already. So if I do change the connection to a wired and if it improves, its the connection? But if it doesn't improve...well can't do much can I? Guess I'll have to buy a new system :(.

Wireless isn't really great for gaming, it just can't compare to a solid 1gbps connection for speed and reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom