How did you start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. My 386 and 486 didn't have hard drives. The OS was on a chip, and storage was floppies. Man, weren't those the days?

If you can believe it, I have actually put the 233 online before. I had to use a USB connection from my modem, but it worked. I had upgraded it to 98, but it is still dog-crap slow.

Jeez guys...and I thought that my Grandparent's computer was old. (P3, 128mb of RAM, 8gb HDD.)

im not sure how i got into gaming really, my uncle worked for a computer company and bough my parents a comp, i picked up games now and then, i started geting to know stuff about pc's (ex.video cards cpu's,) so i saved up and bought a comp, then i got outdated so i upgraded it myself. then i build one. and thats where im at now i will be building another one very soon hopefully. it got posponed because i had some work that i could do for a contracting company geting paid $12 an hour (im 14 so thats alot) but they didn't end up building the house so im out work right now.

My very first computer was an Apple II+. And as we all remember there was really not a lot of games out for the Apple II+. So I began to teach myself BASIC when I was 5 years old.
Sortly after I was learning BASIC, I found some books at my school about programing BASIC Games.

After that, I got into Load Runner and Load Runner II. But I found that i was having fun with making my own levels for that game

Pretty much when through high school with the very same Apple II+ very little computer games. From time to time, i would managed to get on my dad's mac and play Shuffle Puck Cafe. From time to time, Dad would get me a new game for the Mac. But they were nothing to write home about. Parents really looked down on consoles. If a freind broght over a SNES or any other console, they would make my life difficult.

Later on in high school, I was involved with a BBS for Macs. And I was downloading and playing demos and shareware. And then i got my first job, where I purchased a copy of DOOM for Mac.

First year out of school, I was involved with a desktop publishing job. I got retrenched there. So I stole the PC that I was using. And then I was bugging all my freinds for all these cool games like Dune II, Warcraft II, Descent II, Need For Speed.
I was not really keen on the FPS as games like Blood, Duke Nuke'Em, RedNeck Rampage was just rather repeative. However when I got a copy of Unreal, my attitude towards FPS changed alot. And it was from then onwards that I started getting heavily into games.

I did not have my first console (Playstation 2) until I moved out of home

I had the pong machine....I THINK! So it might have been a Telstar...hellz yeah baby, lol
atari 2600, 5200, 7800
I don't think I had the collecovision or intellivision...I think some of my childhood friends had it...it was Atari vs Colleco vs Intellivision...not the doodads you guys have now, Xbox360 vs PS3 vs Wii

heehee

I had the NES, SMS, SNES, Genesis, Turbografx, Saturn, N64 (i put n65 lol), Lynx, GameboySP, Gamecube.
Did have an Xbox for a while, but gave that up to older sis and family.

Didn't get into Dreamcast, Jaguar (lol), neogeo (though wanted to), no PSX, none of that further sega nonsense, sega cd, sega 32x...

so I think last "next gen" was Gamecube.

Favorite games of all time:
Heroes of Might and Magic I and II
Ultima Underworld
Zelda games
Lands of Lore
Legend of Kyrandia
Flashback
Out of this World
TSR games
Lucasarts adventure games

list is huge ;)
skipped

I had pong, then the Apple II E in high school with the BASIC games like Harper mentioned, then my best friend got an Atari2600. Fast forward to 199o when I got NES, then a Sega Genesis in '92, PS1, then got my son a PS2 a couple years ago.

oh, i forgot about nintendo, nintendo 64 was great when it came out,

zelda,
dk64
james bond
super smash brothers
mario cart,

and i play'd the first nintendow once at a friends house, sonic and pcman is the only games i remember playing on it though.

oh, i forgot about nintendo, nintendo 64 was great when it came out,

zelda,
dk64
james bond
super smash brothers
mario cart,

and i play'd the first nintendow once at a friends house, sonic and pcman is the only games i remember playing on it though.

Sonic came out on the genesis, sega not nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom