How can i improve FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

az

Beta member
I play World of Warcraft, and when i turn the rez up to 1600x1200, my fps will drop to like 1-7. When i turn it down to 1024x768 my fps goes to like 20-30+ which is awsome compared to 5. I dont like turning it down because everything gets fuzzy and ahrd to read. Which part of my computer can i change to improve my FPS?

CPU: Pentium M 1.73 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200
Ram: 1GB nto sure if its DDR or DDR2 (Im playing on a laptop)

The only this i could think of is to overclock a bit but i wouldnt recommend it since its a laptop,

Try closing all programs in the backround, it should improve some performance

do u not recomend overclocking because of overheating, because i have a cooling pad with extra fans. Would that make over clocking a little safer?

Yeah that graphics card isn't helping, 1600x1200 is really only for high-end systems when it comes to gaming, face the reality that you dont have the best lappy in the world :(

Lower resolution=higher fps, but a drop in graphics.

I wouldnt turn down the graphics if I can run it at 800x600 with everything on high.

Also, you said it gets fuzzy when you turn it down to 1024x768 and you play with it at 1600x1200. Are you playing on a TV or some other external monitor? because this seems really high to be playing on a laptop screen to me.

Hes playing on a laptop. I dont know much about laptops but if the screens native res is 1600x1200 the interpolation might be the cause of it looking low quality when you lower the res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom