Hitman Absolution

Wes Mantooth 26

Fully Optimized
As a fan of the Hitman series, Absolution offers many substantial improvements while sacrificing one of the core elements of the series. The game stacks up graphically to any game released in 2012. And we finally have a Hitman game with good controls. Inventory management is simple and the game features a nice mix of weapons and items to be used from the environement. As with all Hitman games, the levels have a very nice variety and are well.designed. Enemy AI can be a little too predictable at times but can quickly become ruthless when the enemy has been alerted and hunting for 47. You need to avoid being careless or you will be spotted and you must take the time to kill in a stealthy manner and hide your work.

This game is at its best in the first half when 47 is receiving intel and .going after targets who may have knowledge of the girl he has sworn to protect. The stealth gameplay.is top-notch and shooting mechanics have improved dramatically from prior installments. Moving from cover can be clunky but sneaking through the levels is filled with tension and is a lot of fun.

The game unfortunately relies heavily on the stealth survival aspect in place of making the player feel like a bamf hitman. This probably will not be an issue for new players to the series, but the game plays more like Taken and fails to provide the freedom to collect intel and stalk your targets while.planning the perfect hit.

great game, i will go through it again, some of your level scores were damn good, you try any of the contract mode, creating levels, etc

I enjoyed playing back through some of the early levels. I have not played contract mode but I have a feeling this will be classic Hitman at its best. Plus all of the sheet you find in Campaign is unlocked for Contracts. I went Rambo in the later missions bc I felt it was necessary considering it was a revenge mission.

Back
Top Bottom