To high of a ping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snitched

Baseband Member
I'm currently playing Call of Duty: World at War. And At the moment, It won't let me join onto and Servers or join any games because it says the Server is for Low Pings only and that Mine is to high. Is there a pay to "Lower my Ping?" . Or must I just deal with it and find another game?

Do you have any resources in the background that are taking up your internet speed other than online gaming? i.e. downloads, messengers, browsers, etc. Does WaW show what your ping is?

Filter the servers list by ping, and join servers with ping lower than 100.

Scrap that,

Lower than 60. 60 to 100 you can't visibly see it but you'll have far worse hit registration than is acceptable..

100+ and you start jumping all over the place. Oddly, some games are better than others. I can't play CS if my ping is above 40, yet i can play TF2 okay with a ping of 80.

Yeah TF2 is OK up to 80ms.

You will see that the ping lowers if you chose servers that are geographically close to you. I live in Spain and I can play on UK (80sh ms), French (50-60 ms) and German (50-60 ms) TF2 servers, but I get no more than 30ms on the ones in Spain. Anything further away is unplayable (100+ ms).

Yeh, Germany and and Netherlands have some great infrastructure it seems. I seem to get a very similar ping playing on German servers as i do London servers, which is just 200miles from where i live.

Disable your anti-virus, especially if your using Avast.

On left 4 dead, its acceptable to have 400 ping. I once found myself playing with 1100!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom