Help me create my setup?

Prim3TiimE

Beta member
Hi everyone, I'm new to Tech Forums. I have been trying to get some help with my question from various people and other gaming sites but had no luck. With this being a technology site first it seems, with gaming as a common interest I was hoping someone here could give me a hand? or give me some ideas!

What I am looking to do is hook up multiple gaming consoles with the ability to interact with 2 separate tvs as well as stream. Here's my idea:

I would hook up my Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, Wii U and would like room for up to 6-8 total devices to input into an HDMI splitter. From that splitter I want 3 outputs, one to TV A(which is my smaller screen), one to TV B (the big screen), and the last one to stream (I have an AverMedia Cap card). I would like the ability to have, lets say my Xbox One streaming, being played on TV A and TV B or have my Xbox One on TV A and my PS4 on TV B and streaming. Basically, I want whichever device I choose to be able to be displayed through 1, 2, or all of the outputs. Does anyone know if this is possible? Do you have any suggestions into what type of switch/splitter I would need? Do you have an idea of a better way to go about this?

Additionally, since I am looking to hook up so many consoles, I want them to be safe. Is there a good surge protector/power source that would make sure my consoles don't get damaged?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sounds insane but id be interested to see if anyone else has something to say on the matter.

I've only ever used a switch between multiple boxes to ONE TV.

I know that if you're using multiple switches, you might not be able to push the video signal to the TV, so a powered HDMI switch was recommended for my set up.

If you get this working...pics!

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

Heres the setup I have with a 1x4 HDMI splitter running one xbox on 3 displays and a capture card. Adding another console would be double this with a switch on your capture card (assuming each of your displays has another HDMI input). Hope this helps

14y1i4h.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable/dp/B004GW25WY
http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Advanced-HDMI-Splitter-1080P/dp/B008S3C3TC/

Last edited:
If you get this working...pics!

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

I'll post pics/make a video of my setup when I get it functioning, theres always a way to do something you can think of.

As far as running mutiple 1 in 4 out splitters, I would have too many hdmi cords and not enough inputs on my display. If I was to run a switch prior to the splitter I would still face the issue of not having 2 devices on different tvs. At least I think that is how it would work, I'm new to the idea of switches and splitters.

To answer your question on a surge protector... Get a UPS (aka a battery backup). If you buy a good one, it will have power filtering (which "cleans" dirty input power from the wall and makes it a perfect sine wave for all devices plugged into it). Plus if you have a brown out or total blackout, everything won't just shut off and possibly damage components - you'll have a window of time to safely shut everything down from the battery providing power.

To answer your question on a surge protector... Get a UPS (aka a battery backup). If you buy a good one, it will have power filtering (which "cleans" dirty input power from the wall and makes it a perfect sine wave for all devices plugged into it). Plus if you have a brown out or total blackout, everything won't just shut off and possibly damage components - you'll have a window of time to safely shut everything down from the battery providing power.

I was looking for something like that but I had no idea what it was called or if it existed. Is this what I should be looking for?
APC BE650G1 UPS - Newegg.com

I'll say the power filtering isn't necessarily a requirement, but it's something that's nice to have.

Especially if you're in an older building with older wiring.

Back
Top Bottom