Hellgate London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have upgraded my video cards and I am currently running Vista, I might see about replaying this game again.

add me if u want. Character names: Asgoodasdead, Wiibot, MysticalVixen, i will be playing mostly Wiibot because Engineers r so cool!

maybe i should come back and try it.

my only real huge gripe so far since i havent played it for more than an hour or two, is the huge lunge the guy takes when you walk forward and swing. It makes the play so choppy since im nearly always walking forward... I mean whats wrong with walkign and swinging a sword? I don't need to dive 'past' the enemy im trying to hit XD.

It's still too hack n' slash....there's only like 3 skills you ever have to use at the most.

lol true. Anyhow I just installed it again and went through an hour or two of updates lmao I will say it's much improved..

but they STILL havent been able to fix the DX10 memory leak issue. I'm running 6GB of ram and it crashes because I 'ran out of memory' lmao.

Some crap about the pagefile running out. Thats odd considering i have it disabled -.- Even enabled its the same problem *sigh*. So stuck to DX9 mode unless I want to restart the game every hour.

Another reason I won't be paying for a subscription lol.

edit~ been playing quite a bit lately it's actually getting really fun. XD I'm forced to play in dx9 cause of the leak issue so until lthats fixed they're not getting a subscription fee lol but its still cool ^_^ some of the conversations are hilarious. Like the crazy old man aldanac or whatever and tech 314. man I laughed.

yeah lol. i've done nothing but play HG for the past few days. Highly addictive after you get going, better gear and such. Seems even DX9 has memory issues, though not as bad. After about 8 hours of play I opened task manager and 5.2/6 gigs of ram were used up. HG:L only accounted for 1.2gigs the rest was missing.
Only other gripe is sometimes it wont spawn enough monsters to finish a quest so you gotta zone out and wait a bit lol.

Far as I can tell the trade economy isn't even 1/4 as good as diablo2, which is a bummer cause I used to do a lot of MF farming/trading and such. but oh well.

Great game, i been in a few tight spots playing solo. Getting swarmed by 20 mini dynamo's as blademaster is impossible lol. Darned electricity keeping me from whirlwind ; ;

edit~

^^ just beat it the first time. was a bit abrupt. fun fight though. quite difficult at 28. I don't know if i have the heart to go do all those quests again though. I might try another class or put it on the shelf for a while. dunno

1-i never liked diablo.
2- idk whats so great about this game?
i dont wanna be a hater for sure...but i didnt see anything great about this game...sorry!

randomization system of items n levels. This is what is biggest factor of Diablo 1 n 2 n now Hellgate: London that makes it the most unique n fun out of all the other RPGs.

i got all n i still play D2, just to keep my chars alive from expire.

harper, what ur char names? Mine r MysticalVixen, Wiibot, n Asgoodasdead, add me when i play, but i cant today, i got jury duty to attend at 12:30pm.

EDIT:

so far, patches have been improving the game, so it to me feels like the game was unfinished before release n the patches have been steadingly been fixing problems n issues. Here r patch notes for some big things players have been waiting for for a while:

The Lowdown On Upcoming Updates | Hellgate London

in-game mail, ability to attach items FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom