Heavy RAM usage..... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I was playing Crysis Warhead the other day and I noticed during the Scenes and different sections of the game that the Ram usage was up to 73%. It was showing on the Vista Gadgets I had moved to my second monitor along with my HW Monitor. I have 8g of 1066 Ram installed and was wondering why the game used so much.

Is it just a Crysis thing? I'm not sure exactly where this belongs.

See if you can determine if it is indeed Crysis using the ram by having task manager on processes on your second monitor to look at what is using the memory.

Did you move your page file to the ram?

^ "Page file to the RAM" ??

It was fine before.. Normal system Idle on my computer uses about 15-20% of the ram.. I don't use my big computer to check email anymore (outlook back-doors and viruses). and it's a somewhat fresh install.. I'll check tomorrow.

Task Manager is a good idea.. Thanx bud..

i dunno that sounds high. My page filing is off (uses ram) and when playing crysis my max peaked at 47%.

But why complain? What's the point of having it if it won't be used? I do see the point of at least wanting to know if something is wrong though

*note I was playing crysis..not warhead, so maybe the RAM usage is different. Be best to have someone who has played the same game to give you information too

Entirely true but the topic of this thread is about RAM usage.

Yea I know. That's why I mentioned it. I said it because I had page filing off, playing crysis, and still only maxed at 47%. He is maxing at 78% while page filing is most likely on. So I'm saying my RAM is being used more but yet he is actually using more indicating that there is most likely some sort of problem :p

but like i said before...different game, different systems (i have I7, DDR3 RAM, etc)

^ Can someone explain this "Filing off" thing to me?

I'm gonna take a look at it in a bit.. Power Block is on now... You never interrupt that show.. .:D

Whoever says that 8g of ram will never be used (extra 4g), needs to read up on this thread.. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom