Happy Wars

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
So there is an Xbox Live Arcade game that is currently free and quite addicting, so I decided to let you all know.

The game is pretty silly and/or goofy which is matched by it's graphics/ art style. You can choose to play one of three class types: Warrior, Cleric, or Mage.

Of course, anyone who has ever played an RPG should know what each class does so...MOVING ON!

The objective of each game is to take control of towers in the map which act like spawn points (control points or flags...whatever you wish to call them), and eventually storm the enemies castle (main base) and destroy it.

What makes this game interesting is, that it offeres multiplayer of up to 30 players (15 vs 15) and Co-op mode (15 players vs A.I.).

There are ranks/levels and each time you complete a match, you have a chance on acquiring new equipment for your characters. You can choose to keep the better items and delete the weaker ones, OR take them to the blacksmith and use the unwanted equipment as material (as well as some currency) to upgrade or level up other gear to make it more powerful.

Only thing I didn't like was how it's online components or matchmaking system is set up. It's a little hard to get into a match with a party of people. Also, if the host were to quit out, it auto kicks everyone else as well... Besides that, it's all good ^_^

If any of you decide to download or play this game, hit me up.
GT: XGC Forsakend

I might take a look at it. I do hate the whole idea of host leaving = everyone booted. Mass Effect MP does that too to an extent and I can't stand it. Basically, if the host leaves, they restart the round and migrate host. Sometimes though this turns into a chain reaction and people start dropping out one after the other because we're down a player.

Nothing more annoying than playing on gold or platinum, nearing the end of wave 10, and having the host quit or disconnect, only to have to repeat the objective all over again and this time only with less players total.

I might take a look at it. I do hate the whole idea of host leaving = everyone booted. Mass Effect MP does that too to an extent and I can't stand it. Basically, if the host leaves, they restart the round and migrate host. Sometimes though this turns into a chain reaction and people start dropping out one after the other because we're down a player.

Nothing more annoying than playing on gold or platinum, nearing the end of wave 10, and having the host quit or disconnect, only to have to repeat the objective all over again and this time only with less players total.

LOL I know exactly what you mean. On bronze or silver its not usually a problem to play alone for a bit, but forget gold or platinum.

I'm thinking I might check out Happy Wars this weekend. What a lame name though....

LOL I know exactly what you mean. On bronze or silver its not usually a problem to play alone for a bit, but forget gold or platinum.

I'm thinking I might check out Happy Wars this weekend. What a lame name though....

The name is ment to sound goofy =p

It's about two factions being at war for EXTREMELY stupid reasons... and they eventually forget those reasons but keep fighting anyways.

Back
Top Bottom