Halo Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
if more 360 games supported keyboard and mouse id get a 360...

i love the halo series, but I cant use console controls if my life depended on it.

I would perfer it on PC (or with keyboard and mouse on 360) but I played Battle for Middle Earth II on the 360 and the controls aren't nearly as bad as you would think and the other RTSs console games. The only problem it has is managing multiple large battles. I hope they don't screw up the controls. But it's going to stay 360 exclusive for now. I wish they would release it on PC, but knowing microsoft if they do that it would require Vista like Halo 2.

I never hear people complaining about pushing the franchise too far when franchises like Warcraft and C&C changes genres and story lines and just adding in new gameplay and graphics. The three Halo games have a direct connection to each other and a continuation of the story line. A third person MMORPG is pretty different from a RTS, and the same with making a RTS franchise a first-person shooter (Renegade). I've always thought it would be cool for a Halo RTS but I wasn't thinking it would be console exclusive (I shouldn't be surprised). But then again this is when I never played BfME II. I must say even if it is pre-rendered the trailer looks real nice. I hope Halo 3 looks like that.

Intrestingly enough if you know the development history of Halo you would know it was originlly designed as an RTS on the mac. Well Ensemble Studios is making it, and they made the excellent AoE games so I think they won't totally screw it up.

EDIT: I read the faq and the trailer is pre-rendered. Oh well I'm sure it would still look really good.

I dont really care. I dont like the Halo franchise and as long as it doesnt slow down development for the next Age Of game (if there is one) then its all good.

Amd gt player said:
sweet energy swords look a litle weird tho and just cause its on the xbx doesnt mean it will suck i went thru batle for midle earth 2 and its not bad

yea, seriously if I never played BfME II I wouldn't be happy that Halo Wars is on console, but the decent controls can make it pretty playable.

*sigh* im a halo fanboy....so bring it on :D

I guess I have been waiting on something like this for awhile. HaloGen looked promising, until Microsoft/Bungie sent a cease and desist. Kinda ticked me off...guess this will be pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom