Halo 4

I pretty much have it all planned out. I'm going to the 76ers game tonight against the Knicks which starts around 7. The game should end at around 9:30ish, and then by the time I am able to get out of the parking lot, over the bridge back into South Jersey, and get home, it will be probably around 10-10:15 pm.

Instead of going home, I'll drive a couple of blocks past my house to the GameStop where I pre-ordered it, get the dumb little sticker on my receipt after finalizing payment (even though I paid it off in full a month ago), go home, relax for an hour, hour & a half, go back a little after 12 when the line starts to thin out, grab my copy, go home, and play all night because I'm off tomorrow for election day :thumbsup:

Or not many of us picked it up =p

Very true.... I figured john or Edge would have posted something about it by now. Then again, Edge may be sleeping it off, considering the schedule he posted.

Yeah I've been playing it for the last couple days. It's fun; I haven't touched the campaign yet, but I've been playing MP with a few Spartan Ops missions tossed in every now and then. The MP is much more balanced which is great. The only drawback so far, and it's probably because right out of the box, is that Halo 4 runs on a server and the server isn't the most reliable. Some people haven't had any problems, but others including myself have. The quickest fix is to dashboard and reboot the game, though at times it "corrects" the problem for one match.

Microsoft is giving players free MS points for logging multiplayer play time in Halo 4, but in order to earn the majority of it you need to have no job or life:

35 hours = 100 MSP
70 hours = 300 MSP
140 hours = 600 MSP

This promotion is only valid for this current month of November.

PS - According to reports they fixed the server issues, so hopelly MP will be smooth again.

Get Free MS Points by Playing Halo 4?s Multiplayer Mode, via Xbox Rewards - Softpedia

Whats up guys, so I've been debating all week to get this game or not. I have been a huge fan until halo:reach and for some reason it just ruined it for me. Did 343 Industries really deliver with this game or what?

Played through campaign on Normal with a friend. Wish I'd done it at least on Heroic. The campaign is... ok. Bit generic plot-wise. Very little gets explained - if I hadn't known what a shield world was before playing this game, I'd be very confused. Doesn't really end. You get a lead-up at the end to what looks so much like an upcoming boss fight, including lots of weapons around, then it just stops and everything gets solved in a cutscene.

Online seems fine but I've only had a chance to play it on my friend's middling 2Mb connection while someone else was on Lovefilm. It seemed not bad, actually. They've cloned CoD's class system for online play - something I've always thought was CoD's strongest point - and done it reasonably well. If I still owned a 360 I could see myself sinking a lot of hours into it.

Last edited:
Played through campaign on Normal with a friend. Wish I'd done it at least on Heroic. The campaign is... ok. Bit generic plot-wise. Very little gets explained - if I hadn't known what a shield world was before playing this game, I'd be very confused. Doesn't really end. You get a lead-up at the end to what looks so much like an upcoming boss fight, including lots of weapons around, then it just stops and everything gets solved in a cutscene.

Online seems fine but I've only had a chance to play it on my friend's middling 2Mb connection while someone else was on Lovefilm. It seemed not bad, actually. They've cloned CoD's class system for online play - something I've always thought was CoD's strongest point - and done it reasonably well. If I still owned a 360 I could see myself sinking a lot of hours into it.

Did you play with a friend 2 player style or can you co-op over the internet. I wish they would do that with more traditional fps games. Killzone 3 was sweet with a friend but having to be at the same place to do it means i will very rarley do it

Back
Top Bottom