gta5 suggestions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > General Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to advancedgeek Send a message via MSN to advancedgeek Send a message via Yahoo to advancedgeek
Default gta5 suggestions

hey guys as grand theft auto has improved over time i think gta5 should include stuff like picklocking homes or cars (especially) since it is dumb to be able to just open or smash the glass to get access to the vehicle. since gta3 (i think) they started to lock doors on some vehicles and on gta4 it is possible to smash the glass to get access and now it is time to picklock the lock in the car to start the engine (and of course this will attract police attention).

Hope you guys like this idea and suggest more ideas for gta5 if rockstar is planning to release it.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6320 @variable rates (will fix my fan problem soon and overclock high again)
HSF: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme & Antec Tricool 120mm fan
PSU: Delta Serverpower 550W
HD: Seagate 400GB ST340032AS & Excelstor 80GB (both SATA)
Case: don't know what case it is but it is very crappy
Optical Drive: Lite-on 16X DVD+&- RW DL (died) using a CD-ROM drive until I get a new blu ray burner or whatever i can get

http://web26.hopto.org:443/

**been afk from tech-forums for a while so this is the updates specs**
Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to aaronkupen Send a message via Yahoo to aaronkupen
Default Re: gta5 suggestions

More indoor environments. Please, that was the biggest promise they failed to deliver on with GTA4.

ATI Radeon HD 5670
Windows Vista Business x64
Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lady Techie

I stopped caring about GTAIV when SR2 came out. Then it also came out on PC, then I went back to GTAIV.
The one thing I really liked about SR2 was parachuting from a helicopter. More stuff like that should be added to GTA V, the trivial yet incredibly entertaining stuff :P Also the ability to fly planes.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell[/SIZE]
Old 02-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tim
Sir Timothy

They should make it properly

Make the storyline more interesting/funny... GTA IV is just depressing...

Also get rid of the stupid Sicail Club. Wtf is that about
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

a whole new city, more diverse areas.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to aaronkupen Send a message via Yahoo to aaronkupen

Variety in missions and environments.
ATI Radeon HD 5670
Windows Vista Business x64
Old 02-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just got GTA4 last week (used copy) and am playing the story. One thing I'd really like to see is more indoor environments. There's so many buildings yet you can't go in any of them. I like the lockpicking idea (reminds me of Oblivion and Fallout 3 in a way, and it was kinda fun there). It would add a level of skill to the game so that you'd have to learn to steal cars rather than just press Y (or w/e PS3 and PC use). Airplanes would be nice too, they were fun in San Andreas, though the helicopter in GTA4 is fun (especially landing on buildings). It would be cool if you could aim the helicopter turrets using the right stick, they're useless if you don't want to change course just to use the guns.

I would like more realistic ways of keeping players confined to a certain part of the map (realistically, if I was in New York and I had just moved there from another country, they wouldn't send SWAT helicopters after me just because I crossed a bridge...stupid). Either that or just have the whole city open.

They could go back to multiple areas too, GTA4 is detailed but SA had a larger area because it had multiple cities.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Angriest of Amoebas

I haven't played GTA IV. Only played III and VC, but more indoor environments would be cool. A different city that they haven't already used would be good. Like Calc said, a different way to keep you in one area instead of blocking off the bridge and having SWAT come after you for crossing it. Able to fly different planes, I know in III you could fly the little Cessna like plane. That's all I've got for now..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

More planes would be nice...it makes me angry that GTA4 has those detailed awesome jets that taxi down the runway but you can't fly them

Maybe trains too...not sure if you can drive a train in GTA4 but if you can't it'd be a good feature for GTA5.

Apart from that, a more interactive world would be nice. The only things you can really do inside is open doors by walking through them and watch your TV. Do more things like this, have Sit actions for chairs, Sleep actions for beds and couches (kinda like save but away from your house would just heal you), Eat actions for refrigerators/kitchens, etc. Be able to change the radio station on the radio in your house if there is one. It would be nice to be able to use turn signals in cars, that'd add realism, possibly use it to affect other cars. For added realism, a gas level for cars would be cool...then you couldn't just drive forever, you'd have to stop for gas eventually. If it takes place in a large city, I'd like to have at least one fully explorable skyscraper, from basement to roof, complete with people inside, elevators that work, underground parking garage, etc.

Oh, and if they're feeling really good about it...destructible environments. How cool would it be to smash through concrete barriers, blow holes through buildings, crush bridges, burn down houses, etc. I know it'd be incredibly hard to implement but it'd be awesome if they could.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Patron

You can drive a train in GTA san andreas