GTA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Man..... i can't wait for this game. I'm so hyped about it and it's not even been announced. I'm such a huge fan of GTA4, VC and SA. They rank as my top 3 favorite games of all time (GTA4 first, VC 3rd).

GTA now has and always will have a special place in my heart :grin: And i think it does in a lot of others, too. The gtaforums.com GTA5 section has already had 150,000 posts - thats an incredible amount of posts for a game not even announced, on an unofficial forum. Infact one thread called Genesis was started on 9th July 2011, and has already mustered up over 10,000 replies.

This is one of the largest and most lucrative franchises ever created. GTA4 broke the $500m sales mark in just 7 days. The console base is now over twice as large as it was then, so i can only imagine what kind of a budget Take Two are happy to give Rockstar Games - $100m to $200m ? thats quite possible. GTA4 cost 100m and GTA5 is going to be a bigger and better version of that.

The best thing about this situation was despite GTA4 being a superb game in my eyes (I know many people prefered VC and SA), it has so little content that the developers have a huge amount of undone stuff to bring to the next game:

Customizable Cars
Customizable Weapons
New location, both rural and urban
Planes
God knows what else...

So yes, i'm pretty **** psyched about this game. Whatever i am supposed to be doing on release date is already cancelled, i know that much.

Glad you're so stoked. I can't even get anywhere near that excited about a game anymore. If anything could do it, bf3 could, and it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm counting the days, but whatever else I would be doing on the release date is going to come first.

Glad you're so stoked. I can't even get anywhere near that excited about a game anymore. If anything could do it, bf3 could, and it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm counting the days, but whatever else I would be doing on the release date is going to come first.

Yes well these things are easier when your 18 and going to Uni. Quite a spare bit of free time, and if i have to go into Uni on that day.. well.. i'm sure missing one day won't do any harm ;) Although i do have access to the Games Programming department, full of Alienware PC's, 360's and PS3's. So i could just take the game in to uni.

I should probably go to the doctors though, i have an unhealthy obsession with this non existant game. I spend hours on the GTA Forums, hehe.

Whats with the lack of excitement for games these days anyway ?

Idk, just can't get as excited after all kinds of college work, alcohol, and bud entered the equation.

Whats with the lack of excitement for games these days anyway ?

That seems to be the ongoing theme, especially with older gamers. I think most of it comes down to priorities and definitely some information overload. With modern technology, we have more and more options to choose from that take up our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom