GTA:SA Questions-Will it work?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiLLER

Baseband Member
Post Closed--How do I delete?

Okay, I have two questions to ask. First off, let me state that I am a complete newb when it comes to knowing about computers. All I can really say about mine is that it has Windows XP. That's about all I know.

What I am trying to find out is if I can run Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my older computer, since I don't get much use out of it anymore. I looked up the minimum and recommended requirements and found this:

Minimum Requirements:
1GHz P3 or equivalent
256MB RAM
GeForce 3
3.6GB hard drive space
DVD-ROM drive
Windows XP/2000 with SP1

Recommended Requirements:
P4 2.0GHz
512MB RAM
GeForce 4
4.7GB hard drive space
Dual analog gamepad

The first thing I would like to know is, how do I find out which of these things I have. I know I have the P3.. not sure what 1GHz is though... I know I have the DVD-ROM drive (duh) and Windows XP... not sure what SP1 is. So basically, I need to know how to find out if I have the GeForce thing, the RAM, and hard drive space. If someone can please tell me how to find these things, that would be great. After finding them, I will post them and ask if I will be able to run the game on my old computer. Also, I don't know if this helps any, but I was able to run GTA: Vice City just fine on the same computer.

*EDITTED* Okay, I'm used to just editting the post and setting the subject line to 'Closed'... However, there is a Delete Post option on the top of the page. Can I assume that that is for the forum Admin or Mods?...

By the way... I thought I was in the PC gaming forum... I think I misclicked... Sorry about that.

Okay, I got the CPU-Z thing... I hope that's what I was supposed to download... Lol, anyways, now please forgive me for being such a moron when it comes to these computers but exactly what out of this CPU-Z thing do I need to post so someone can tell me whether my computer will run this game?

Use the guide to tell us/me about your CPU, Memory, and video card. Those 3 things will be the determining factors for gameplay.

Processor Specification: Mobile AMD Anthlon(tm) XP 1900+
Processor Code Name:Thoroughbred
Core Speed: 530.0 MHz
FSB: 132.5 MHz
Bus Speed: 265.0 MHz

Motherboard Manufacturer: Compaq
Motherboard Model: 07D4h
Graphic Interface Version: Blank
Graphic Interface Transfer Rate: Blank

Type: Blank
Size: 512 MBytes
Frequency: Blank

I also forgot to mention that this is a crappy Laptop thing that I ran Vice City on.

DirectX 9.0c

Mobility U1
ATIU1 (C6)
16.0 MB

ati2dvag.dll
6.13.0010.6064 (English)

I was only able to find a little info on your graphics adapter. From the looks of things, you will be able to run SA, but you'll have to turn down the graphical settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom