Graphics Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were running the games at 1920x1080 on PC, while consoles were running the games at 1280x720

However, those screenshots are not taken at those high resolutions. So, in real world the PC version will look even better

I do not own a console, at time I wish I did, like when Street FIghter IV comes out.

But one thing that is very nice about consoles that PC gamers dont have, is that programmers go to extreme lengths to optimize the technology availible to improve games on consoles. PC users have programmers that still have not fully taken advantage of DX10 and DX11 is on the horizon. I want to see what DX10 can do before looking into DX11.

We all remember when PS2 came out. The graphics were awesome, but a few years later we got to see what the system can do, Final Fantasy 12 comes to mind.

I play my 360, and PC game in the same monitor. Since this LG 24 has HDMI XD
Didn't really want to jump into another graphics comparrison thread but I figure I'll throw my 2 cents in.
Running games at 1920x1200 on pc, and 1920x1080 on xbox, on same monitor, it's blatantly obvious the pc graphics And performance (on my system anyway) beat out 360 :/
Since I'm only sitting maybe 2 feet away from the screen I can see all of the imperfections very clearly :S It's painful to play some 360 games.
I guess it's true that 360 upscales a lot of their games from 720p to 1080p instead of having it native, so that would'nt help the situation any either.

All in all it doesn't really matter if the game is fun. Though if the game is a multiplatform release I'll usually always try to grab it on PC because it will run and look better in most cases :/ (dynasty warriors 6 was absolutely horrible on pc)
A lot of games i've noticed a bit of slowdown. Most recently, Skate 2.
I wish I could run the games through my xbox, but have my PC do all the work LOL

Of course 1200$PC vs 200$ xbox. What can you expect.

Seriously, not even the gtx 295 in quad sli, 12GB of 1600 DDR3 ram, whatever the extreme version of the i7 is, and liquid cooling on everything for mad clocks couldn't run gtaIV on high? Somehow I doubt that. How could they program a game so poorly, that all that couldn't max it? How did they even able to create and test the high settings if no rig known to man can do this? They'd have to have some really special and expensive crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom