Graphic settings - gaming cafe

Sultan

Solid State Member
I am running a gaming cafe and many of my customers are setting the graphics setting on games such as wow dota2 lol battlefield etc.. on full/max settings which is not a healthy option for me as an owner when they are being constantly on for 8-9 hours .

i was wondering if there is a way to control the graphics settings on the pcs by admin control or (ur input) where i set the nvidia settings to how i want them to be and it stays as default. Then if the customer tries to change it in game he will not be able to . OR he will be able to but it will not take effect. so the settings the admin (me or my tech guy) set are the default.

your advise is greatly appreciated.

ty!

From the top of my head, I can think of one way you could probably do it.

Just change the permissions of the settings config file to read-only. Not 100% sure this will work, but it's possible.

Just curious as to why that's "unhealthy" due to them gaming for so long? If you're worried about power usage, the settings have no effect on this. The consumption and heat output will be the same regardless of settings being used in game.

Well , i could be wrong in saying that it is unhealthy , however in a net cafe as an owner i would like my gfx/pc to last for a longer time whenever and however possible.

So when a customer who starts playing wow in the cafe and goes to the gfx settings and puts it on ULTRA and every item there on max or full, and he starts playing for 7-8 hours (as an example) and now do that for a year weather its wow/battlefield etc... VS setting the normal settings by default by the admin.

Some pc's start to freeze some pc's get errors, and the technicians i have constantly blame the younger kids who do the above. So i was just wondering if there is a way.

thanks !

It's not the settings causing that issue. Regardless of settings a graphics card will run at 99% GPU usage unless being held back by Vsync or something like that. Your hardware will last till their relevancy is used up as long as you keep the PCs free of dust and maintained.

Your locking up issue will be related to heat or other software causing problems.

As was said, the best way to keep people from changing settings is make the configuration file (if the game has one) read only but that only keeps the game from saving the settings. They can still change settings in game, it just won't save for the next user.

Back
Top Bottom