Graphic card refresh rate too high for monitor, No image display.

Darragh

Baseband Member
I set the gtx560ti zotac graphics card refresh rate too high for the monitor to handle..Ive tried lots of peoples ideas but nothing works, anyone know how to fix this? If not who can I call to come over and take a look at it? I doubt pc repair would understand Gaming parts..Not their specialty.

What ideas have you tried already? would help narrow down other options.

Simplest solution in my mind would be to boot in safe mode, though I'm guessing thats been tried.

Press F8 upon boot, to access the Advanced Boot Options menu (same way you do to get to Safe Mode). There should be a "Boot VGA option" or something similar; this will boot you into Windows with base VGA settings. You should be able to change your refresh rate / screen resolution from there to get it working correctly.

When I presse f8 upon booting im left at a screen that never goes saying "Loading operating system"

If you have a old video card laying around switch them and windows will set to a default then put the new one back and it will set to the new cards default and you can set it to whatever you want after that, You just need to get your system to detect new hardware and it will change the settings to it.

Dauntae

hi, guys...regarding setting the refresh rate for the graphics card, how do u do that??, i have a ati hd 7750..and i want to downgrade the refresh rate of graphics card.

If Windows 7:
Right click desktop > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor tab > pick the refresh rate compatible with your monitor under Monitor Settings.

If Windows 7:
Right click desktop > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor tab > pick the refresh rate compatible with your monitor under Monitor Settings.

in that settings , i get only 60hz, i tried changing registry editing, but the resolution downgrades to 1280 x 768 @ 75hz, whereas i want 1366 x 768 @ 75hz..

Why do you need to change your refresh rate so badly?

Your monitor / GPU probably doesn't support 75Hz at 1366x768. It's a hardware limitation issue.

Back
Top Bottom