Graphic Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morroco54

Beta member
Hello,

Im not totally sure if this is where this forum should be but here goes.

Ok, Ive had the same comp now for a bit, (dell dim, 8200, ram 512, card is ati 9800 series, 1.9hertz, dont know much more.) Heres my problem I have been playing the same games now for over a year Saga of Ryzom, and still play Tfc and sometimes try new beta games..) Lately whenever I start a game and go into the game world, I can only play for a few minutes or None at all and the game kinda crashes. I mean by, the monitor shuts off and sometimes will stay off but other times it comes back on and gives me this VPU box saying that it had to set my settings down due to that my graphic card is not following commands,and then asks for me to restart) and after that my monitor screen Looks like broken glass so its hard to read or see anything.(and now all my Icons are like inverted, the arrow is turned around and some icons are broken up.) I have dled all new drivers, I have even reinstalled everything Nothing is working... Sometimes I can play for like a minute other times I just WALK foward and it breaks on me. Info, if this helps, TFC works fine untill the server changes then some times it kicks off. Ryzom game (my mmo), I can get into the game world but if I move it crashes... Ive looked at a few things at my comp and I dont think nothing has changed or broke but Im not that smart at this soo... If anyone can help or needs more questions answered I can try to help.

at a guess.... maybe your gfx is not powerfull enough for the games. has ryzom had a mojor patch/upgrade where the gfx engine/code could have be changed?
you could try other gfx cards in your machine, like using a friends gfx in you machine and you card in his machine and see if the problem is still there. at least this will remove the gfx card from the list of 'offenders'. WOW ryzom is still going? i was in the beta, didn't like it much tbh.

thnx

thnx for you suggestion, and yes ryzom is still going...their outposts finally came out HAHA....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom