Godzilla - The Re-Review

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
I got this on Gamefly for super cheap on a sale because I've been eyeing this since it came out but couldn't justify the $60 price tag.

All of the complaints you heard about this game are valid. The controls are clunky. The graphics aren't "next gen." The gameplay is repetitive. The dialogue is Resident Evil levels of cheese.

However, most of these complaints are what make it so great.

Clunky controls - You use the left stick to go forward, back and strafe. You use the shoulder buttons to turn. It sounds horrible on paper, but it actually makes perfect sense as you play. Godzilla lumbers along exactly as he would in the movies you grew up watching. He turns slowly and feels authentic. It's actually surprising how good it is.

Graphics aren't up to par - Considering the destruction, explosions and the sheer magnitude of everything going on at once, I'd say they are pretty damned good. The brief cut scenes are a little cheesy, but again, it feels authentic to the movies we grew up watching. I love it.

Repetitive Gameplay - What the hell would this game be about if not for destroying crap constantly? This game makes you feel like a giant monster who wants to eff things up. Period. So what if it is repetitive. That's all Godzilla EVER did...why does everyone think that games always have to play like The Last of Us?

Cheesy Dialogue - Yes, only as cheesy as the movies. It's fun, and gives you the same kind of feeling you get when you play EDF. Constant updates with dialogue, gives you a good sense of urgency as you destroy Japan. Also, you can turn it down or even off if you don't like it...so screw the haters.

If I bought this game for $60, I guess I can see where the reviewers might be coming from, but honestly, this game is an awesome bargain bin title that is well worth a $20 and below price tag.

Fun Fun Fun. Do it.

wow you spent $60....I'd be pissed.
Watch the Angry Review on it, it's hilarious and yeah the game Is pretty bad

wow you spent $60....I'd be pissed.
Watch the Angry Review on it, it's hilarious and yeah the game Is pretty bad

I didn't.

The game is 'bad' but it's actually very fun...which is the point of the post.

I think it's gotten a bad rap because people like to watch videos of people ripping into less than AAA games.

Wow...that video...was...terrible.

And I'm not sure if you're trolling me or you just didn't read. I didn't pay 60.

my bad I didn't read properly.
And crap, this is the first time someone thought I was trolling (I hate that word btw)

I like Angry Joe's reviews but I do think his reviews are really really really long.

Back
Top Bottom