Gaming With Three 43'' CRVD Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
Gaming With Three 43'' CRVD Displays is Awesome - Tom's Hardware
I remember drooling over NEC's 43-inch curved monitor, the CRVD, last June. Now that display has an Ostendo label and it's just as breathtaking as ever.

Unfortunately, the stunning display from Ostendo comes with the same horrendous price tag as the NEC version. However, Engadget cites Ostendo as saying the displays are actually selling quite well. While most of the units sold have been for defense simulation and training, the crown prince of Dubai, is said to have purchased "multiple units."

Why would you want more than one? Well, imagine a 2880 x 900 resolution, a .36mm pixel pitch, and a sub-.02ms response time. Got it? Right, now multiply it by three:

Car racing on 3 CRVDs

If you have a spare $20,000 hanging around, this dream could become a reality.

That would be insane. Imagine like 6 of those suckers stacked, playing MW2 or something crazy intense:devil:

If I were into playing a curved game, and having a weird display, I'd give it a try. Once a game comes out that is intended for this type of monitor, I'd like to play on one.

^ That's what I was thinking. Or at least cover your peripheral vision a good amount....like 3x4 stacked would be kind of sick to try.

You'd have to have a dedicated game room to run 3 of the wide, never the less a 3x4 stack. Of course, if you could afford 3 of these, I'm sure a dedicated game room wouldn't be that hard to achieve.

NEC CRVD Display hands-on - Engadget Galleries

Those monitors don't look anywhere near 43" to me but it is a cool setup.

It's basically 2 19" widescreens, and curved. The curving of it makes up for the extra few inches.

You'd have to have a dedicated game room to run 3 of the wide, never the less a 3x4 stack. Of course, if you could afford 3 of these, I'm sure a dedicated game room wouldn't be that hard to achieve.

All I was saying is that it would be a fun experience:stare:

these types of things are cool...the the 4 inch black bars between screens is a huge turn off to me :\ that kinda thing drives me insane lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom