Which gaming system should I purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, meant to mention, sure, PS3 has a lot of perks over 360 but hey, if you like multiplayer online then go 360 without a question imo cause the sony network play is crap, lol, as if anyone uses that, haha, xbox live got it going on!

i mainly Said all that Xbox 360's multiplayer is better than PS3's Network..

The xbox 360 is the IT right now. I would highly recommend it. And Gears of War by far the best game I have played. You will not regret it.

the xbox 360 because they have better games with better graphics
and its cheaper

who cares that the PS3 has Blu Ray, i cant name one person i know that buys blu ray dvds or even HD DVDs for that matter

XBOX Live PWNS you can even download HD movies with it

and both run hot but from my experience my ps3 runs about 1.5x hotter then any of my 360s

I got the wii on launch day and only used it for about a month or 2 until i got the ps3. I have not played with the wii since january, i have been playing ps3. I haven't played the 360 at all so i can't tell you about that. I love the ps3 alot. ONLINE IS FREE on the ps3 but no the 360 which i like alot. The ps3 will have some really good games coming out soon.

Xbox has more and better games out right now, the PS3 has a better graphics card. Hope that helps

360 has a better GPU, but overall system performance leans towards the PS3. Xbox LIVE is an excellent service, even if it costs money ($40 bucks a year), but then again if your cheap, you can always make free gold LIVE accounts but they expire after a month, so they are good short-term.

As for hardware issues, my 360 has run flawlessly for over a year now, maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but no problems here. The first time I turned it on I played it almost 6 hours straight on Oblivion, and that is where most of the overheating issues take place.

Also, the reason for PS3 having better visuals in Oblivion is because Bethesda had more time to polish the game (it came much later than the 360 version).

To me the PS3 is not worth it, but that is because I don't like racing and fighting games that much. I also don't like the type of RPG games that are coming to the PS3. Resistance was okay but it isn't that good. I also don't care much for BluRay.

I had the money to buy a PS3 but I decided to get a computer upgrade instead, because I love PC gaming.

Also a lot of the big games coming out are going to be cross-platform, Resident Evil 5 anyone, that game is going to be sick and it's coming out for both 360 and PS3.

GOW is going to be released for PC anyways s might as well get a ps3 its only $500 right now. While we have been in a gaming drougt you are purchasing hen al the new games will be coming out this fall, you won't be dissapointed either if you have an hdtv, the included bluray is a big plus for the ps3, i now have to watch everything in hd because dvd quality aint cutting it anymore.

The reason peope say oblivian was better on the ps3 was because bethesda had more time to code for it, even thoguh they aso released an update for it and even then the ps3 version was still better. Some multiplatform devs are saying the 360 is holding them back one dev for instance is rockstar.

Ultimately its your choice the ps3 can only get better i think 360 hit its prime wit GOW, sorry to say but i dont think they can fit anymore data on the DL-DVD's anymore they are gonna have to go the way of ps1 with like 4 discs.

also ps3 is HDMI1.3 compliant meaning it can deliver uncompressed audio, dts-ex DD-HD and higher bandwith compared to the elites hdmi 1.2.

also remember the ps3 is only 500 now with the elite trailing at 479 ask yourself this, imagine how much more you can get with $30. if your a hd fan yo can get the ps3 and skimp buying a hd-dvd addon for the 360 and use the $200 to buy a bigger hd, also the ps3 hd is user replaceable so you are not limited to what ms or sony are selling just pop in virtually any notebook sata drive and youre good to go, my ps3 has a 250gb HD yeah 120gb on the elite dont look so good now

PS3 is going to be $500 for a short-time until all the 60GB PS3 are sold out, then the newer models are going to replace them at 600 dollars again. 120GB is going to be fine, throw in an external USB hard drive and now I can store all my media on it, leave 120GB for all the game stuff.

"Some multiplatform devs are saying the 360 is holding them back one dev for instance is rockstar."

There are also devs that say the opposite and like the 360 more, it comes down to the programmers and the software/engine they are using.

the devs for 360 are saying its the programming for the ps3, which can be leaned, however the devs for ps3 are saying the 360 hardware is the prob, which cant be changed now.

Dude ther is like 3 million ps3's in stock tehy are going for 499.99 atm all the better to get one, if the rumors are true then when the 60gb models are gone the 80gb comes in at the 499.99 price since there wont be anymore 60gb's and its cheaper to produce the 80gb models since they lack the emotion engine.

So as I have said before if i didnt already have 3 ps3's i would get one now so i can have the emotion engine, and if the prie goes back up then i'll feel good i got mine for 500$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom