Which gaming system should I purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not necessarily a 360 fanboy, I am a PC fanboy and proud, I just never see much in the PS3, and the other alternatives are a 360 and PC.

Oblivion PS3 vs. Xbox 360 comparison - Xbox 360 Fanboy

Nice comparison video, would of been better if it was higher resolution so you can compare more. They are very similar to me, 360 has some pop-in, in certain areas, but you can easily see the texture difference at the end.

In the end of the video, all the building look almost identical, both have the same HDR, but the road really sticks out between the two, 360 version uses the same texture the PC uses and is much better than the dulled down PS3 version. Probably because the 360 has 512MB of shared RAM between the system and the GPU, so it is flexible; where as the PS3 has a dedicated 256MB system and 256MB video, making it not flexible.

None the less, why get worked up over something like the graphics. They both look incredible, it's the gameplay that matters, and the 360 is getting a lot of the big blockbuster titles. The 360 is better in some areas and the PS3 is better in other areas.

However neither compares to the PC version with retextures.

List of best-selling video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only two PS3 games make it past 1 million copies sold, R:FoM is the most with 2 million copies, and that also happens to be a FPS.

3 of the 6 360 launch titles: Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, and Dead or Alive 4 sold over 1 million copies, somewhat impressive. I would say the reason R:FoM sold that many copies was because it's was the only good game to buy for the time being.

And look at the Wii, impressive sales that blow the PS3 out of the water.

Why did the Wii kick the PS3's *** in both Japan and the United States?? Because people don't need all this extra **** that jacks prices up to have fun. The 360 has already sold almost 12 million consoles, and the Wii is about to break 10 million soon. What of the PS3? Just about 4 million consoles sold.

Halo CE sold 5 million, Halo 2 sold 8 million (7 on the launch dates) and there are already 4 million pre-orders for Halo 3 (I haven't pre-ordered it myself since I'm not much of a Halo guy).

God of War I sold around 1 million copies, number II didn't break that but was still successful. Yet that game is excellent, I personally don't see God of War III breaking more than 1.5 million copies, but that is a guesstimate. Ratchet will probably sell pretty well, never saw what people liked about that game, guess I'm just not much into that genre.

I thought for sure Sony was going to run away with the prize for the next console war; but they ****ed up, and I mean they ****ed up real bad. crap all over your fans and you expect them to give you 600 dollars for your console? You aren't God, you aren't invincible, I think that was Sony's downfall. They thought they controlled so much of the market, that they could do what they want. Was time for a wake up call, people just want to play games, not **** around with BluRay and WiFi ****, that is why the Wii is leaving Sony in the dust. Fun gameplay at a reasonable cost, sure it doesn't have features, but that is because gamers don't need features, who the **** cares about HDMI 1.3? Oh yea, TheEnd does, but there can be only so many fanboys. Not everyone cares about BluRay or 1080p, in fact most HDTV's consumers have are 720p (which I personally feel looks fine, especially the game has AA).

Oblivion took up 2 thirds of the DVD for the 360, and that game has A TON of voice-overs, making up for the large portion of the disk. This game has way more dialog then almost any other game. I think the DVD still has enough room for this generation of games.

The numbers don't lie, Microsoft was smart this time, Sony broke all their fans and M$ took them under their arms. "Don't have $600+... poor baby, here play some Gears of War... yea thats better now..."

i hate frikin wikipedia i could go on it right now and say R:FoM sold over 100 million copies,Wiki sux

Wikipedia is more reliable than the majority of sources as its actualy up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom