Gaming Nobility Hierarchy

You guys do know that PC gaming is the most lucrative gaming platform right now right? lol

You're so disillusioned.

This.

I always read stuff about how "pc gaming is dying!" literally every other year. Yet...there's still a huge market for it. Read somewhere that people were saying this **** back in like 1997 even, that "PC games are dying!" Apparently this coulda been attributed to the lack of retail sales in games....but the fact that digital sales weren't counted up until 2012 would be the reason that number is skewed, IMO.

This.

I always read stuff about how "pc gaming is dying!" literally every other year. Yet...there's still a huge market for it. Read somewhere that people were saying this **** back in like 1997 even, that "PC games are dying!" Apparently this coulda been attributed to the lack of retail sales in games....but the fact that digital sales weren't counted up until 2012 would be the reason that number is skewed, IMO.

PC gaming ins't dying, it's just not as marketed as well as console gaming. Consoles drive the lionshare of popularity and demand, and that's where the pubs and devs go.

It's also why you see so many games being developed for consoles and ported to the PC, rather than being fully optimized (which is later done by the community via mods).

The only AAA mulit-platform game that I can think of where PC is the lead platform is the Witcher series.

This.

Its funny when people have no clue what they're talking about and think PC gaming is a "tight niche" group or that no one uses the platform. April 28th of this year there's hundreds of reports showing that PC gaming sales have surpassed console sales mostly due to MOBA games like League of Legends and Dota 2.

Every year the userbase for Steam gets bigger and bigger. And each year the concurrent users online during the Steam Summer Sale grows by a million. I think it was 8 million this year?

I would say that console gaming is diminishing a bit, but it usually does at the start of a new gen. It'll pick up steam next year for sure.

But with the rise of tablets and cheaper laptops that can withstand 75% of the games out there PC gaming will continue to thrive. Especially when its easier for developers to develop games now that PS4/X1 is on x86 architecture. Then you have Steam making big pushes to get the PC into people's living room.

PC gaming ins't dying, it's just not as marketed as well as console gaming. Consoles drive the lionshare of popularity and demand, and that's where the pubs and devs go.

It's also why you see so many games being developed for consoles and ported to the PC, rather than being fully optimized (which is later done by the community via mods).

The only AAA mulit-platform game that I can think of where PC is the lead platform is the Witcher series.

lol you're really making an ass out of yourself in this thread with your ignorance.

lol you're the one who needs to back up your claims

What claims? I've made points along with everything I've said. Besides that single post you went on about x86, all you've done was say "lol" "ignorant" and "butthurt"

What claims? I've made points along with everything I've said. Besides that single post you went on about x86, all you've done was say "lol" "ignorant" and "butthurt"

I can give you a proper reply better when I'm home and can access sites to give you proper soruces.

But you compared PC to NHL saying its 4th behind consoles. You said its a tight niche group of people that are keeping PC gaming alive. You believe that every game that is multi-platform is produced for the console first then ported to PC and that only Witcher is made for PC first then ported to consoles.

I'd say that the PC gaming community is bigger than all of the console communities put together because every PC is capable of playing a game. And it is also fact that PC gaming has surpassed console gaming in sales but I can't link to the appropriate source due to work filters. But, its an easy google search.

The point that I am making is that PC gaming is not a small group of people that you guys are making it out to be. Whether a game is ported to the PC or not, right now PC gaming is #1 and growing.

I enjoy PC, console and mobile gaming. Each have their own pros and cons, and each are wildly popular and striving in their own markets. But I do believe that if you have the option to play the SAME game on a console or PC that I'll have a better experience on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom