games on win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

klugt777

Beta member
Hi, i want to play some games on win2000 but it tells me the games can only be played on win2000, while it says on the games that they are good for win2000 also, can someone help me out please..............

wat are the games...check your system requirements on the side of the box other than widnows 2000, windows 2000 usualy does not play games well at all.

Heyyo,

False false false IBman. All you need to do to get games to run well on Win2000 is to get SP1. If you get more? all the better. Me bud had windows 2k, he said it worked perfectly for him after SP1.

Btw, you should also get new drivers. Windows 2000 and windows xp use the same driver setups, so yeah, if you want newer drivers for your comp, just look for windows xp drivers, works the same since windows xp is.. well to me a step down from windows 2000. xp is all dumbed down, no advanced user configuration, not able to password protect folders or restrict to only certain users or groups.. the list goes on.

o well, sry, maybe i worded it wrong, windows 2000 was not meant as much for home users, let alone gamers, it was meant for corporate, business type environments or ppl who needed the power and stability. I definitely would not recommend it for newer games such as BF2 and such.

So, IBMan, was not wrong in his assesment, there are some issue with certain op's, there are diferent versions as well, Its not a hard leap to think your op is to blame; some games will not support certian software and hardware, especialy the older games with the more recent op and hardware, you should always refer to any reading that comes with the game in question, failing that, post the game names that are screwing up and your system hardware.

ThE_MarD said:
not able to password protect folders
Dude, losing that feature was so annoying, it is a damn shame as that was one of the greater things about Windows, now if you want to password protect it, the only way is to Zip it up and password protect it, but then you have to unzip it and then rezip it :mad:

Heyyo,

I know man! even win95 had that! winxp was a definate downgrade for networking. I don't care what ya say, security for networking went WAY down. I'm sure win 2k3 server was more like windows 2000. If not then that would be a waste of cash for networking.

I remember win95 had options like "allow write with password" otherwise they could only read the folder, that was great stuff. The hell was m$ thinking when they removed that for winxp eh? lol... oh crap! windows vista.... god I hope they put it back in or I might have to look for some 3rd party networking thing... if any even exist that is (not talking aboot nos's, but networking programs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom