Games Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish everyone else would just bow to the power of the xbox, it is the best console (in my opinion) just because all you need is 1 game, and you can play it forever, i have had halo since i got my xbox, and it is the 1 game that i still play, i have gone through a million other games, but i can always go back to good ol halo

dethangel I feel the same about socom. I have never played a game more then I have that one. The online mode never seems to get old.

i have been playing games for as long as i remeber.... to the guy who said he feel sorry for those that were around playing 20 years ago.... the games were still entertaining... they were still challanging.... I had Atari 2600...yeah so you had a "joystick" one button, and everythign was in blocks... it was what we had... and the challange was there.... someone brought up pong.... yes a dial and was black and white.... it still kept us entertained....

feel sorry for no generations' gaming experince... each had its own excitment and led to the next generation of gaming...and yes just imagin what games will be like in 20 years fro now.. and what those kids will say about the games today....

with all this new technology, with a 3 ghz comp with 1 gig memory and a bizillon meg hard drive... i still find myself playng sol.exe sometimes....

:D

Tell 'ya what.. I miss the old days.. which is why I play alto of retro games on my computer. The Atari 2600, the Colecovision, the Intellivision.. those were the golden days.. all fun, no frills. We didn't care. A group of us could happily sit around an old tv and play Pacman or Donkey Kong, or Pitfall or Gyrus for an entire summer when we were kids.. No blood, no violence, just fun. That, my young friends, was the "Golden Age" of video game.

OLD SKOOL STILL ROCKS MY WORLD!!!

*PyRo* said:
They are geeting so real now and i cant help but feel sorry for all the ppl 20 years ago and more who dint have computer games cause they are so wicked.

Excuse me... but I miss some of the old fashion games.

Like live me a good old fashion sidewards scrolling platform shooter over UT2k4 any day.
B00006LEM2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

IMHO, the BEST PS2 GAME OUT THERE!!!! :D :cool:

Us grannies and grandpa's used to have fun when we were young too. :bald: ;)

Just remember that line from BACK TO THE FUTURE II :-
"You use your hands.... that's a baby's toy." :D :cool:
It's only going to be a matter of time before that remark come real.

2Crunk said:
actually 20 years ago they did have games, it was called Atari, maybe you've heard of it

And I still drag mine out from time to time. :bald:

You can normally pick one up (with a mountain of games), for about $20 to $40 dollars at most flea martkets

asupertech said:
and the challange was there....

There was more of a challange in those games. Back then, 1 bullet will kill you. Eg. Contra.

I am finding that the games by themselves are coming less and less of a challange. The last few mission based FPS that I have purchased have been no sweat for me.

Like compair the last level in Doom II to lets say the the last level of ORGINAL Half Life. Which one what a harder challage?

DMo224 said:
I think we all need to go outside for awhile and do something educational......

Yes...... like the DIPLOMA OF MMOLRPG : EVERQUEST.

I will see if I can find the link for that.

[EDIT] Here is that link.

Communication in Adolescent Environments
Study of the communication process in youth environments with a primary focus on formal and informal learning. Includes critical analysis of communication in contemporary instructional settings and the development of communication strategies for teaching and learning.

Class Description

The advent of high-speed Internet connections and sophisticated computer graphics has paved the way for massively multiplayer on-line role-playing games such as Everquest, Ultima Online, and Asheron's Call. The popularity of these virtual environments is staggering. At this very moment, more than 90,000 players are simultaneously interacting with one another in the world of Everquest. This is three times the total number of students enrolled at the University of Washington.

In this course, we will conduct an ethnographic study of the behaviors, cultural practices, and motivations of MMORPG players. The course packet will include readings that focus on role-playing, video games, virtual community, and the construction of identity on-line. Extensive attention will also be given to discussions of methodologies for conducting on-line research.

There is not a required textbook, but students are expected to purchase a copy of the course packet. Students will also be required to purchase an Everquest subscription, as a significant amount of class time will be spent in the virtual world. For more information, please contact Aaron at redwood@u.washington.edu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information above is intended to be helpful in choosing courses. Because the instructor may further develop his/her plans for this course, its characteristics are subject to change without notice. In most cases, the official course syllabus will be distributed on the first day of class.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
redwood@u.washington.edu
Last Update by Aaron A. Delwiche
Date: 02/24/2003

Office of the Registrar
icd@u.washington.edu
Modified:April 15, 2004

I am finding that the games by themselves are coming less and less of a challange. The last few mission based FPS that I have purchased have been no sweat for me.

Yeah, I feel that way about Unreal II, the Awakening. It didn't even feel like there was a boss level in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom