Game of the Year

"Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep", [borderlands 2]; a dlc but well worth a mention;

The only BL2 DLC worth mentioning really. That was fun.

I'm still kinda stunned by Tiny Tina's DLC. It starts off so simple and so goofy, and then turns into grief processing. When it made that turn, it leveled me. I wasn't a dude playing games, I was a parent watching a kid grieve for everything she had lost. I wanted to give her a hug.

By the way, if you haven't played "Beyond: Two Souls," you really should do so before deciding what your favorite game of the year is.

I was not impressed with "Heavy Rain" because it felt like an engine demo with some button mashing thrown in to make it seem playable. But "Beyond" is pretty freaking great. It still felt a bit like an interactive movie, but also felt like MUCH more of a game than "Heavy Rain" did. It's easily my favorite game of the year, and - to me anyway - the story blew "Last Of Us" right out of the water except for a few annoying moments that broke immersion due to how ridiculous they are.

I still really want to play Last of Us think im buying it on payday. Also I want to throw DMC in for honerable mention that game was way way better than I thought it would be. Makes me wan to play the old ones. I never played a dmc game before that

I still really want to play Last of Us think im buying it on payday. Also I want to throw DMC in for honerable mention that game was way way better than I thought it would be. Makes me wan to play the old ones. I never played a dmc game before that

Don't buy "Last Of Us" unless you can get it in the $30-$35 range for a new copy. I got it for $25 as part of Black Friday deals, and it's been out for a bit so the price should be reduced fairly soon.

***EDIT***

Not making any comment on the quality of "Last Of Us" - it's great and you should totally play it. I'm just pointing out you can save money on it if you wait for a sale. I didn't see anything on CAG about it being on sale this week or next week and Amazon still has it listed at $43.01, so I'd hold off a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom