Game of the Year

Haven't played the Last of Us, but based on what I have heard, that would be my GOTY. Out of what I have seen and played, GTA V is my GOTY. I loved pretty much every second of the campaign and had some of the best MP gaming moments ever with Edge and Rider.

Other favorites from this year (not necessarily from 2013 though): Telltale's The Walking Dead and its DLC, Tomb Raider, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2..I'm sure I am forgetting others.

Game I am most anticipating playing next: Battlefield 4

Haven't played the Last of Us, but based on what I have heard, that would be my GOTY. Out of what I have seen and played, GTA V is my GOTY. I loved pretty much every second of the campaign and had some of the best MP gaming moments ever with Edge and Rider.

Other favorites from this year (not necessarily from 2013 though): Telltale's The Walking Dead and its DLC, Tomb Raider, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2..I'm sure I am forgetting others.

Game I am most anticipating playing next: Battlefield 4

I will get bashed for this but Last of Us is not as fun as advertised. Key word being fun. Gameplay wise it is actually weak. Story and atmosphere are top notch. It is a very good game but certainly not a perfect 10. I think Naughty Dog is a media darling as well as with Sony fanthings.

GTA 5 takes it for me. GTA online was a disappointment though. I actually enjoyed GTA 4 mp more. Loved Cops n Crooks as well as Mafia Work. GTA online would have been much better suited for next gen. It just feels like the last gen hardware held it back from reaching its ambitions.

Tomb Raider also was fantastic. It just needed more tombs to be raided and more classic puzzles from the PSX days

I will get bashed for this but Last of Us is not as fun as advertised. Key word being fun. Gameplay wise it is actually weak. Story and atmosphere are top notch. It is a very good game but certainly not a perfect 10. I think Naughty Dog is a media darling as well as with Sony fanthings.

GTA 5 takes it for me. GTA online was a disappointment though. I actually enjoyed GTA 4 mp more. Loved Cops n Crooks as well as Mafia Work. GTA online would have been much better suited for next gen. It just feels like the last gen hardware held it back from reaching its ambitions.

Tomb Raider also was fantastic. It just needed more tombs to be raided and more classic puzzles from the PSX days

I think the gameplay issues of Last of Us wouldn't bother me so much. I was hooked big time on The Walking Dead game and the gameplay in that was hardly even gameplay.

I wish you had gotten in on the hijinks with Edge, Rider and me in GTA Online. We had a lot of laughs. Usually at my character's expense albeit.

I liked Tomb Raider. In fact, it was great for the first 4-6 hours. After that it was completely repetitive. The tombs weren't even tombs, they were caves with one puzzle. The collectibles were pretty lame too. I found it strange that diary pages from the crew would be right near artifacts that were hundreds of years old whether they were in a WWII bunker or one of the Solari compounds in the area. I also liked the scavenging/hunting part at first, but that got old fast too. I appreciate the direction they are heading in, but they really have to fix that stuff.

I really need to play the Walking Dead game I had tried when it first dropped but didn't dig it but being all the accolades its received i need to give it another shot. Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider and Last of Us are all on my list also. Probably wait on TR till the ps4 version though

I think the gameplay issues of Last of Us wouldn't bother me so much. I was hooked big time on The Walking Dead game and the gameplay in that was hardly even gameplay.

I wish you had gotten in on the hijinks with Edge, Rider and me in GTA Online. We had a lot of laughs. Usually at my character's expense albeit.

I liked Tomb Raider. In fact, it was great for the first 4-6 hours. After that it was completely repetitive. The tombs weren't even tombs, they were caves with one puzzle. The collectibles were pretty lame too. I found it strange that diary pages from the crew would be right near artifacts that were hundreds of years old whether they were in a WWII bunker or one of the Solari compounds in the area. I also liked the scavenging/hunting part at first, but that got old fast too. I appreciate the direction they are heading in, but they really have to fix that stuff.

I only bought Last of Us bc of the countless number of perfect 10 scores. So it was a letdown as it did not justify the hype due to gameplay limitations. I missed the good times in GTA Online but get bored playing in essentially an open game world hub without any objectives or goals to accomplish.

GTAV takes it for me, even if I don't like the story that much. Every time I play it I'm just like "whoa this game is huge" And there are so many parts of the world that are interactive, even if you're not on a mission. The vehicle dynamics still leave a lot to be desired, and there are some quirks when playing online... Still, it's very fun to play with friends whereas I found GTAIV to be unfriendly and time consuming.
Would a next-gen release have made it a better game? I don't think so. Its pretty clear how long Rockstar had been working on GTAV, lots of props/style elements of the game were already dated when it was released. Next gen development would've likely pushed it back even further.

Tomb Raider was a great game.They took an old formula and put a lot of blood sweat and tears into it for a very very good final product, but in reality Laura wasn't necessary. Replace her with Nathan Drake and you have Uncharted. Replace her with Mario and it still works. Very well-made and satisfying to play but not very original.

Bioshock Infinite just went on sale for $9.99 on Steam so I'll be playing this soon enough.

I really don't have one... I would say GTA V but it still hasn't come to PC :tongue:

Tomb raider/Bioshock Infinite were my favs for 2013. Dishonored gets honorable mention. I did enjoy BF4 , but the crashes/freezes in both the single and multi-player take it off the favs list due to the frustration factor.

Back
Top Bottom