Game Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey1

In Runtime
this has always interested me and i would love to learn some basics and get into it. i have found some good books but what i wanted to know is what programs would i be looking at purchasing to implement the theory ?? anyone do this sort of thing as a profession or as a hobby

thanks heaps everyone

Look in the programming area and look for the FIFE 2D open source engen that is a great place to start.

Look in the programming area and look for the FIFE 2D open source engen that is a great place to start.

thanks ill start their then i heard something about a program called 3dmark or something like that does that sound familiar...:confused:

I'm actually starting a subject for specifically that, Game Design, at uni tomorrow. Can't wait =D

Although I'm not going for game design as my job, I'm doing majors in Animation and Motion Graphics, so we'll see where that takes us =P

If you live in Queensland, Australia (seriously, who wouldn't =P) go to QUT and check out IT04, which is Bachelor of Computer Games and Interactive Entertainment, and if you are already doing a course there, just do ITB750 and ITB751 as electives.

But I really really doubt anyone reading this will be going to QUT =P, and if they are... QUT IS BETTER THAN UQ!

Kbai!

Sydz

I'm actually starting a subject for specifically that, Game Design, at uni tomorrow. Can't wait =D

Although I'm not going for game design as my job, I'm doing majors in Animation and Motion Graphics, so we'll see where that takes us =P

If you live in Queensland, Australia (seriously, who wouldn't =P) go to QUT and check out IT04, which is Bachelor of Computer Games and Interactive Entertainment, and if you are already doing a course there, just do ITB750 and ITB751 as electives.

But I really really doubt anyone reading this will be going to QUT =P, and if they are... QUT IS BETTER THAN UQ!

Kbai!

Sydz

nah im down syd nsw, dnt have time to go and do a course as much as i would love to, thats y a program that can be recommended would be great as i can do a little in my spare time

just had the lecture today. this is more theory based for now i think at least in this subject, like in my animation subjects i am using the adobe software and maya etc, but for this one it is more talking about design principles and what not. i'll get more into the software later on, this is only my first year.

that and another optimistic note, haha, apparently about 25% of people who complete a uni degree focused on getting into the games industry, and then only like 20% or something last more than 5 years in a big company cause of the stress, lol, something to look forward too. yay!

hahahahaha i suppose it would be very stressful but think about ur achievments once u see the final product

go to school, get a degree in something you like or are interested in. Obviously a degree in computer programming or art, animation etc would help but just make sure you like it. Another way is go to fullsail, but if you decide you don't like it half way through well then your screwed. Just make sure you have a degree of some sort in a field you enjoy before you make the jump into game design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom