The Future of Video Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see valve PICK UP THE PROGRESS on half life 2 episode 3. :) that is all :p and continue the series.

i bought the ob a while ago to play the half life 2 games and steam doesn't work at all on my slow internet speed, i want them to make the half life games for you don't need steam. they looked like pretty good games too.

Example: In Bioshock the player is given the choice of whether or not they will harvest Adam from the little girl, or save her. The fact that the player has a choice to make opens up a whole new way of looking at how video games could be used.
Some thing like that in a FPS is not new. Look at Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II (1997) . Even longer if you include earlier RPGs.

Morality and Ethics are not a new thing in games, Fallout an Fallout 2 are full of such choices.

For example in Fallout 1 you can steal a Watter Purication chip from a town and if you do you doom the community to death. In the same game you get the choice to save people or help people and it will affect how people perceive you during that game. In Fallout 2 you can get the Child Killer rank for killing a child, when you enter a town people will go hostile. You can stop a group of people called the hubboligists who are a insane cult, you can steal things. You can leave people to die you face many moral an ethical considerations in Fallout.

Shame that black-isle went belly up many years back.

I'd like to see valve PICK UP THE PROGRESS on half life 2 episode 3. :) that is all :p and continue the series.

Episodal Content for games was a failed experiment. Look at Sin Episodes. Like where the devs thinking when they announced 9 episodes released each 3 months for that game. The only reason why HL is a success is that it has a huge following.

Some thing like that in a FPS is not new. Look at Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II (1997) . Even longer if you include earlier RPGs,

Thats the name... ya i loved that game, lol it just took me a day to figure out how to open up doors.

But half life and half life 2 and ect. really doesnt give me much joy when i play it... It is so .... blahh... same thing again and again...

I also dont like how when you play it the story line progresses so slowly that by the time you get to the really good parts its the next eposide...

I would not have bought them if they didnt come in the OB. But they are alright... i probably wont get e3 untill much much later.

i agree, games need to have depth in the storylines but i find that games are less enjoyable if they look bad, sure if a game has such a storyline that you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next would be great but if the characters look like polygons ur not gona want to play it, so i think the company's that make games should balance the need for in dept storylines and eye candy.

I don't know about all that. Of ALL the games out today, I still find the old classics to be the best of all. I actually find myself playing more of the older games than the new (That's not to say that I don't still play WAY too much CS:S.) I still have my PC version of FF7, I have an emulator for Goldeneye and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. I even have an emulator for the older systems like NES, SNES, Saturn, and Genesis. The other day I broke out the old Final Fantasies. I found myself playing FF3 and Tactics.

It's actually very sad, to me at least, that we are no longer in what I would consider "the golden age of gaming," even though I wasn't old enough to play games when there was.

I think the game developers need more people on their pay roll who come up with stories and ideas, and less people people who program and 3D model. I would gladly sacrifice graphics for more compelling stories.

I think the game developers need more people on their pay roll who come up with stories and ideas, and less people people who program and 3D model. I would gladly sacrifice graphics for more compelling stories.

That is exactly what I think, I would like to be more involved in a game's story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom