The Future of Video Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morality and Ethics are not a new thing in games, Fallout an Fallout 2 are full of such choices.

For example in Fallout 1 you can steal a Watter Purication chip from a town and if you do you doom the community to death. In the same game you get the choice to save people or help people and it will affect how people perceive you during that game. In Fallout 2 you can get the Child Killer rank for killing a child, when you enter a town people will go hostile. You can stop a group of people called the hubboligists who are a insane cult, you can steal things. You can leave people to die you face many moral an ethical considerations in Fallout.

I to would like to see environments that can be damaged I hate it in games where you can chuck a grenade into a room but the priceless ming vase on a narrow table is un damaged. I would like to see more interaction in environments being able to pick something up is only a small thing but could be useful and add a whole new level of game play.

There was a mod for GTA3 on the computer that let you have a mmorpg style. When I first saw it, it was really glitchy so I don't know if it ever turned out good.

Ya i played that GTA3 mod... and my friend made maps for it.

Also morailty in Video games is old... There was a starwarz game that i remember where u could go to the darkside based on using certain powers or the lightside....

I always went dark cause it was easier and more fun :p i fail.

I wasn't really talking about how "new" morality in video games is. I know that it's not a new thing, I just wish it would make an appearance in more games, that's all.

i don't like games u have to be moral in, if im gona play gta im not gona play it like it was real life, im gona creat mayhem because its not real and there are no Consequences.

I wasn't really talking about how "new" morality in video games is. I know that it's not a new thing, I just wish it would make an appearance in more games, that's all.

I whole heartedly agree, we need more in depth games. When I was starting to use computers in the early 90's a game had to have a good story good character development or be odd ball just to get a mention / recognition.

i don't like games u have to be moral in, if im gona play gta im not gona play it like it was real life, im gona creat mayhem because its not real and there are no Consequences.

Luke, your a good kid but IMO you haven't lived in the era of good games, I have been playing games on a computer for over 3/4 of my life, in the old days a game had to be good or fun to play because there wasn't much if any eye candy. Most games today shy away from good plot or story in favor of eye candy to technical developments but is that all we should expect from a game? No we should expect to be entertained an have a enjoyable time. I refuse to pay for a game that is all eye candy an no story because there is no point.

Luke, your a good kid but IMO you haven't lived in the era of good games, I have been playing games on a computer for over 3/4 of my life, in the old days a game had to be good or fun to play because there wasn't much if any eye candy. Most games today shy away from good plot or story in favor of eye candy to technical developments but is that all we should expect from a game? No we should expect to be entertained an have a enjoyable time. I refuse to pay for a game that is all eye candy an no story because there is no point.

i agree, games need to have depth in the storylines but i find that games are less enjoyable if they look bad, sure if a game has such a storyline that you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next would be great but if the characters look like polygons ur not gona want to play it, so i think the company's that make games should balance the need for in dept storylines and eye candy.

luke I challenge you to play fallout 1 then fallout 2, even in there day the GFX where considered old but you will never find a more enjoyable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom